Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press (Shoulders) – Exercise Guide
Muscles worked: Shoulders
Equipment needed: Barbell
1. Sit on a bench with back support up.
2. Grab dumbbells and place them upright on top of your thighs.
3. Raise the dumbbells to shoulder height using your thighs to help propel them up into position.
4. Rotate your wrists palm facing forward. This is your starting position.
5. Lift the dumbbells overhead while breathing out by extending your elbows.
6. Pause as you lock out your elbows at the top of the movement.
7. Return to the starting position while breathing in.
8. Repeat for the recommended reps.
Standing Barbell Shoulder Press
The standing barbell presses are a great alternative to the seated barbell shoulder presses as you can use cheating motion to lift weights when you are going heavy. You can generate extra power by using your legs in the standing barbell presses.