Dips (Triceps) – Exercise Guide
Muscles worked: Triceps
Equipment needed: None
1. Stand in between two parallel dip bars. Get into the starting position by holding your body at arm’s length with your elbows nearly locked above the bars.
2. While breathing in, slowly lower yourself by flexing at your elbows until your upper and lower arms form a 90-degree angle.
3. Your torso should remain upright throughout the exercise, and your elbows should be close to your sides to target your triceps optimally.
4. Reverse the motion by extending at your arms and pushing your torso back up using your triceps.
5. Exhale and squeeze your triceps at the top of the movement.
6. Repeat for the recommended repetitions.
If you can’t perform the exercise with your own bodyweight, you can use the dip assist machine or ask your training partner to hold your legs. More advanced lifters can add resistance by using a weight belt that allows the addition of weighted plates.