Incline Dumbbell Curl (Biceps) – Exercise Guide
Muscles worked: Biceps
Equipment needed: Incline Bench, Dumbbells
1. Sit on an incline bench with a dumbbell in each hand at arm’s length. Your arms should be perpendicular to the floor in the starting position.
2. Your palms should be facing your torso while your elbows are pinned to the sides.
3. While breathing out, curl the dumbbell while slowly rotating your wrists until they reach shoulder height.
4. Your palms should be facing you at the top of the movement.
5. Hold and contract your biceps at the top of the movement.
6. Breathe in and return to the starting position in slow and controlled motion.
7. Repeat for the recommended repetitions.
You can increase the isolation on the incline dumbbell curls by decreasing the angle of the incline bench. Going from a 90-degree (upright bench) to a 180-degree angle (flat bench) will increase the tension on your biceps.