Kettlebell Swing (Lower Back/Glutes/Core) – Exercise Guide
Muscles worked: Lower Back and Glutes
Equipment needed: Kettlebell
1. Stand with a wider than shoulder-width stance and place one kettlebell between your feet.
2. Bend over by pushing your hips back while maintaining a slight bend in your knees. Keep your back straight throughout the movement.
3. Lift the kettlebell off the floor by bending over while looking straight ahead.
4. Swing the kettlebell between your legs while you’re bent over and have a slight bend in your knees.
5. Push the kettlebell forcefully using your hips and lift the kettlebell over your head while keeping your arm straight.
6. Pause and exhale at the top of the movement. Your torso should be upright at this position.
7. Return to the starting position with a slow and controlled movement while breathing in.
8. Repeat for the recommended repetitions.
If you don’t have access to kettlebells at your gym, you could perform the exercise using dumbbells. You might have to adjust your foot placement to compensate for the width of the dumbbells.