These best power racks are perfect for your bodybuilding and powerlifting gains by working to provide a great home squat rack for small spaces.
Having an at-home gym may seem like a luxury when it comes to space. We see social media influencers and others with stellar home gyms packed full of equipment that we would all die to have. But the truth is, it isn’t as much of a dream as you’d think. Squat racks are great pieces of equipment that can be placed in your garage, basement, or wherever you can find extra space and work to give you a sense of the gym while in the comfort of your own home.
A squat rack would be an important piece in your home gym, and while you may need to get other equipment like a barbell or plates, that is all very solvable. Knowing what to look for is half the battle and this list of the best squats racks will put you one step closer to achieving that. Able to perform a variety of exercises with these racks, you will notice an increase in strength, power, and endurance all while never leaving home. Although your busy schedule can limit you when it comes to working out, having the luxury of working out from home shouldn’t be difficult with good power racks.
We’ve put together a list of the Best Squat Racks for 2021 which include other features to enable full body workouts to take place. Affordable, versatile, and convenient, you deserve to have your home gym be a place of gains and growth with some of the best power racks.
Best Squat Racks For 2021
- Best Squat Rack Overall: BLH Power Cage Squat Rack
- Best Squat Rack For Bodybuilders: Fitness Reality 810XLT Super Max Power Cage
- Best Power Squat Rack For Powerlifting: Titan Fitness Competition Bench & Squat Rack Combo
- Best Squat Rack For The Money: Papababe Power Rack Power Cage Workout Station
- Best Adjustable Squat Rack: UBOWAY Barbell Adjustable Rack
- Best Squat Rack For Beginners: Doeplex Multi-Function Adjustable Squat Rack
- Best Squat Rack For Small Spaces: Yaheetech Adjustable Squat Rack Pair
Best Squat Rack Overall
The best squat rack overall will be sturdy and made of high-quality material with adjustable heights so you capitalize on all your at home gains.
BLH Power Cage Squat Rack
BLH Power Cage Squat Rack is constructed from a steel frame with the ability to hold up to 1,000 lbs. With tons of space inside the cage, you get the best when it comes to all your workouts. There are 19 holes for safety bars so you never have to worry about poor adjustability again and the galvanized steel safety bar offers easy insertion and extraction for more versatile workouts. Built for longevity, functionality, and the best in terms of capitalizing on all your gains, this is the best power rack for the money.
- Sturdy, solid, and a great durable frame
- 19 adjustable safety holes offer nice variety
- Holds up to 1,000 lbs. great for all lifts
- Stability could be better with potentially more weight or floor attachments
- Everything is already in place so loosening and tightening can be a challenge
Best Squat Rack For Bodybuilders
Having a squat rack that can hold a lot of weight and assist your powerlifts can greatly influence growth and your ability to move massive amounts of weights. The best power rack for the money will also help bodybuilders see their physique goals come to life.
Fitness Reality 810XLT Super Max Power Cage
Fitness Reality 810XLT Super Max Power Cage comes with two chrome dual mounted safety bars and two chrome lock-on safety. Each of the bars can hold up to 800 lbs. and can be adjusted with 19 levels to give you full access to any height. Ideal for squats, shrugs, pull-ups and presses, you’ll find everything you need to perform those strength-training exercises you need for growth. Even though it is rather large in size, the versatility of this squat rack is great for you can get a full body workout, work all different muscle groups, yet still have space for this to live at your home and be easy to use to make sure you have space.
- Easy assembly and good dimensions for whatever space you need
- Can hold up to 800 lbs. with 19 levels
- Great for strength-training goals with exercises like squats
- Durability issues with certain parts not as supportive as they should be
- Product is rather thin and flimsy
Best Power Squat Rack For Powerlifting
A squat rack that works for powerlifting from the comfort of your own home can provide versatility and ease knowing you can lift heavy weight without leaving your house.
Titan Fitness Competition Bench & Squat Rack Combo
Titan Fitness Competition Bench And Squat Rack Combo allows you to sculpt your body by offering many exercises or give you the best chance at boosting your overall strength and size as a powerlifter with the ability to tackle the big three powerlifts. With an easy to remove bench, you can tackle your squat needs and the adjustable bench allows you to optimize your height for the best chance at an effective workout. Durable steel construction ensures durability and a powder coat paint job prevents rust and corrosion for increased longevity of this top of the line power rack.
Titan Fitness Competition Bench And Squat Rack Combo allows for effective upper and lower body workouts. Durable steel construction offers durability and a powder-coat paint job prevents rust and corrosion.
- Easily adjustable bench and squat hooks to tackle all workouts
- Great for powerlifters looking to increase strength and size with their powerlifts
- Durable steel construction ensures longevity and stability
- Rack height may not be as easy to adjust as with other racks
Best Squat Rack For The Money
Fitness equipment can get expensive, but having the best power rack for the money can prove to be worthwhile while not breaking the bank.
papababe Power Rack Power Cage Workout Station
This heavy duty and durable squat rack from Papababe can hold up to 1,200 lbs. in weight and 400 lbs. for the pull-up bars. The safety bars are designed with double sleeves to enhance weight cushioning for safety and 26 holes allows for any position or posture you desire for your intended exercise from the J hooks.. The built in pull-up bar is great for ab work and exercises like pull-ups and there is plenty of space to perform anything from the bench press, squat, and other muscle-training exercises. Four bolt holes are included so this won’t wobble and this is a good squat rack to have an efficient routine for best power and increased wide lifting capacity.
- Heavy duty and sturdy frame holding up to 1,200 lbs.
- With 26 holes, you can find your optimal position for exercises
- There is plenty of space to do so making this a good purchase
- The one size bolts of 0.8’’ are unique
- No additional attachments can fit
- Nowhere to stack weights is not the end-all be-all, but would be nice
Best Adjustable Squat Rack
An adjustable squat rack is great for small spaces for it can hold a lot of weight and still be easy to store, making these awesome for those looking for the best squat stands.
UBOWAY Barbell Adjustable Rack
UBOWAY Barbell Adjustable Rack is a heavy steel structure able to hold up to 550 lbs. for safe and secure lifts to ensure durability. The benefit to this rack is it is a multi-functional piece of equipment with 2 adjustable barbell storage racks which allow you to perform a variety of exercise and lifts with added depth. The T-shape base is great for enhanced stability of the whole rack and won’t fall over with repeated use. A great adjustable and easy to store and set-up rack, UBOWAY is a the perfect fitness power rack for adjustability and maximum capacity.
- Easy set-up and storage for great convenience and small spaces for extra room for plate storage and floor space in a garage
- Durable and sturdy for safety while holding up to 550 lbs. while not being very tall
- Low in price is nice for users of every level for a great saving
- Durability concerns with the plastic pieces attached to the rack
- Sturdiness to the floor which should be standard is not quite there
Best Squat Rack For Beginners
Those just starting out need the best squat stands to see great gains so as you progress, you know exactly what the next step up will be.
Doeplex Multi-Function Adjustable Squat Rack
Doeplex Multi-Function Adjustable Squat Rack is a durable and sturdy rack made from high quality steel with an enhanced frame for extra support. With 12 adjustable levels for different heights, this frame can support up to 550 lbs. The added dip station is a nice touch to work those triceps and offers an anti-slip grip for support and protection. The multi-function and multi-grip design offers a retractable base and is great for beginners to learn how to use a rack, as well as perform certain exercises. Able to adjust in height and easy to move for accessibility, this is a great squat rack for beginners looking to start their muscle-building journey that allows you to perform well with this fitness equipment for better lifting capacity without buying a machine.
- Durable and sturdy from high quality steel with 12 adjustable levels
- The dip station with anti-slip grip is a nice touch for dip bars
- The retractable base offers a quality multi-function design making this a good purchase
- Durability concerns with smaller attachment parts
- Not quite able to support the advertised 550 lbs.
Best Squat Rack For Small Spaces
Tight spaces can be challenging to work around but those best squat stands that fit nicely into any area of your home can offer convenient gains, which is exactly what you want and need.
Yaheetech Adjustable Squat Rack Pair
Yaheetech Adjustable Squat Rack Pair is a practical piece of equipment most suitable for lifts like the squat and bench press. Made from high quality steel, the maximum load on this rack is 441 lbs. The stands do have anti-skid pads to avoid damage and provide increased security which is a nice feature. With 14 safety pins, you are able to explore the best height for you and with each of these stands separate from one another, you can adjust to whatever you want and they are easy to move and store. For the value and the space, Yaheetech’s product is a good option.
- Practical in terms of storage and price with each stand separate from the other
- Holding 441 lbs. is not bad considering they aren’t attached
- Budget friendly and easy to assemble for this gym equipment that won’t beak the bank
- No cage eliminates some exercises from your at-home routine
- Each leg is separate so sturdiness is questioned at times with what this rack offers
Benefits Of Squat Racks
The best squat racks can provide for a host of benefits that can greatly affect all your gains. The convenience of having one in your own home will allow for a variety of workouts without the need to feel rushed in the gym. Benefits of squat racks include:
- Build muscle for strength and size: These work for a host exercises, especially those powerlifts, where you can seriously increase strength and size so you get the best possible results in terms of muscle growth (1).
- Promote balance and support: Having a stable and sturdy rack allows for the ability to work on your balance and support when it comes to big lifts:
- Functional and easy to use: Squat racks are functional and work for many exercises while also building up your ability for functional fitness (2).
- Convenient for your home: Having one in your own home allows to focus on yourself without the need for a gym at all and the best squat stands are perfect for storing with ease.
Why Adjustable Squat Racks Are Great
Adjustable squat racks and the best squat stands are great because they can work to hold plenty of weight for your powerlifts and other exercises while being easy to set up and store. A proper power rack can be bulky and while it is a good tool, can sometimes just be too tall and take up way to much space. Your money, space, and time are valuable and you should have the right options in adjustable squat racks to see those changes you want most with ease. Adjustable squat racks can greatly influence your gains and make working out easy and simple so your focus can be solely on your workout. The best squat stands will also give you comfort in knowing they will fit in those smaller spaces.
How We Choose
When it comes to choosing the best squat racks, we first look at the reputation of the brand because a fitness company should be transparent and reputable and only produce the best when it comes to your gains. We then look at material and durability because these should hold a lot of weight and last a long time to save you headache and unwanted stress. What features come with the rack are also important because this will determine just how much you can do with the rack as well as the convenience of adjusting and how it will fit into the space. Lastly, we look at price. We know these can get expensive and it is possible to find the best power rack for the money without totally breaking the bank.
What is the best squat rack for my at home gains?
BLH Power Cage Squat Rack. This is constructed from a steel frame with the ability to hold up to 1,000 lbs. With tons of space inside the cage, you get the best when it comes to all your workouts. There are 19 holes for safety bars so you never have to worry about poor adjustability again and the galvanized steel safety bar offers easy insertion and extraction for more versatile workouts.
Why do I need a squat rack if I can do other exercises?
A squat rack will seriously enhance your home gym and allow for greater opportunities for you to enhance your gains. The luxury of a squat rack at home alleviates stress of the gym and you can take your fitness journey to new heights. If you’re worried about space, look to the best squat stands for easier storage.
Do I need a cage in order to optimize my gains, or can I go without?
Some squat racks offer the cage which allows for more durability and the opportunities for pull-ups and other bodyweight exercises. A cage is not needed and some on this list are great options to provide for big lifts and that desired muscle growth. The best squat stands are also good alternatives to those who don’t want a cage.
Squat racks have the ability to really enhance your home gym and offer great variety to your workouts. While a home gym is a luxury, it doesn’t have to be out of your realm or budget. These squat racks have full functionality and can assist with a host of other things as you start your journey towards big gains. Check out our list and find the best squat rack to beef up your home gym today.
Generation Iron may receive commissions on purchases made through our links. See our disclosure page for more information.