Seated Cable Rows (Middle Back) – Exercise Guide
Muscles worked: Middle Back
Equipment needed: Low Pulley Row Machine
1. Sit down on the low pulley row machine and grab onto a V-bar handle attachment. Place your feet on the front platform while maintaining a slight bend in your knees.
2. Using the V-bar will put your wrists in a neutral (palms facing each other) position and will help you in targeting your lats.
3. Grab the V-bar by leaning over while maintaining the natural alignment of your back. While your arms are fully extended, pull back with your torso so that it is perpendicular to the floor.
4. Arch your back as you take the starting position and stick out your chest. You should feel a stretch in your lats as soon as you get in this position.
5. Keeping your torso stationary, pull the V-bar towards your body by flexing at your elbows while breathing out. Keep your elbows close to your body and pull until your elbows touch your sides.
6. Pause and contract your lats for a couple of seconds at the top of the movement.
7. With a slow and controlled movement, return to the starting position while breathing in.
8. Repeat for the recommended reps.
Target the Back From Different Angles
You could target your back from different angles by using different grips. Using a straight bar with an overhand grip will hit the back differently as compared to using the V-bar attachment.