Do you swear by BiPro 100% Whey Protein Isolate Supplement for your post and pre- workout booster?
BiPro 100% Whey Protein Isolate Supplement is a clean, all-natural, high-quality whey protein that will help you rip those high-intensity workouts with ease and recover with less strain in quick time. What’s more? It contains no carbs, no fat, sugar-free, lactose-free, and gluten-free – can it get any better? Well, yes, it does. The product is also NSF certified. An independent agency has reviewed the product’s manufacturing process and has verified that the product complies with safety, quality, sustainability, and performance standards. Also, it does not contain any banned substances. Wow! Now isn’t that impressive.
With an ideal label for a pre-workout and post-workout product, BiPro 100% Whey Protein Isolate Supplement is a must-have product in our fitness regime. The product is suitable for weight management, sports and athletic performance, workout recovery, restricted diets, and healthy aging.
But does the product live up to its claims, is it the best whey protein isolate supplement? Let us review this and all other essential aspects in detail. We will start by first understanding what a whey protein isolate means.
What is Whey Protein Isolate?
Whey protein is derived from the liquid leftover after curdling milk in the process of making cheese. This liquid is then dried to form a powder. Whey protein isolate is a refined form of whey protein, where all or most of the fat and lactose have been filtered out. Filtering out the carbohydrate and fat makes whey isolate have a protein concentration as much as 90-95%. This makes it the ideal choice for building lean muscle. Whey isolate is good for weight loss and can also be used by individuals who have lactose intolerance.
Whey protein isolate is better than whey protein concentrate. Whey Protein concentrate contains more fat, carbohydrates, sugar, and lactose. It would also include more calories compared to whey protein isolate.
- NSF certified for sports
- Contains 9 essential amino acids
- Contains 3 Branched Chain Amino Acids
- Zero Carbohydrates
- Zero Fat
- No Soy
- No Lactose
- Caffeine Free
- No artificial ingredients
- Low calcium
- High Sodium
- Slightly more expensive compared to conventional whey
- No details about cholesterol, vitamins, and iron
INGREDIENTS AND NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
- Protein – 20g
- Calcium – 10 mg
- Sodium – 170 mg
- Total Fat – 0 g
- Total Carbohydrates – 0 g
- Calories – 80
- One scoop of BiPro, 100% Whey, Isolate supplement has 80 calories, 20g of protein, no fat, no carbohydrate, 2% calcium, 7% sodium, and less than 1.5% sunflower lecithin. The calcium content is too negligible for any positive effect. The sodium content is comparatively high and could have been lower for this otherwise superb ingredient product.
- The product contains all nine essential amino acids. The product also contains 4.7g of 3 Branched Chain Amino Acids – Leucine, isoleucine, and valine per serving.
- Leucine helps to build muscle mass, aids healing of skin and bones, regulates blood sugar levels, and increase the production of human growth hormone. This also helps to improve muscle protein synthesis(1) and helps in quicker recovery after a workout. This will help you have a longer and more intense workout.
- Isoleucine helps develop endurance, assists in the growth and repair of muscles, increases hemoglobin production, and regulates blood sugar levels.
- Valine helps to improve sleep quality, regulate blood sugar levels, aids in muscle tissue repair, improves muscle growth, and increases endurance levels.
- There are no fillers, bulking agents, or artificial sweeteners in the product, and it is made of minimal natural ingredients. Whey protein has the highest leucine content than any other type of protein.
- Boosts immunity – Glutathione is one of the most important antioxidants produced by our body. The production of Glutathione depends on amino acids like cysteine. Whey protein contains a high content of cysteine, and this helps to improve the body’s antioxidant defenses. (2)
- Prevents muscle breakdown – Whey protein could replenish the body with lost nutrients, and this can improve the speed of muscle recovery after an intense workout and reduce fatigue.
- Manages hunger (3) and cravings – Whey protein is more satiating than other types of protein. This makes one feel more full, and there is a decreased desire to eat. This suppresses food cravings and aids in weight loss.
- Aids fat loss – Whey protein helps in fat loss by thermogenesis. It suppresses the appetite, boosts metabolism, and helps maintain the muscle mass. High protein can lead to increased weight loss and fat loss.
- Lowers blood pressure – Whey proteins contain lactokinins, which are bioactive peptides. This helps to reduce blood pressure in people who have high blood pressure.
- Increases muscle mass and repair – Leucine found in whey protein isolate is a growth-promoting amino acid. This prevents muscle loss due to aging. The decline of muscle mass can lead to fat gain. This can be prevented by the consumption of Whey protein along with strength training.
- Improves endurance and stamina – Amino acids Leucine and valine enhances endurance and strength, thus helping you to work out for a longer duration.
- Improves overall health – The high protein content in the product boosts immunity, aids in fat loss, helps in the growth of lean muscle, regularizes blood pressure, improves your skin, promotes the growth of thicker hair and healthier nails.
IS THE PRODUCT SAFE?
- It is safe to have the recommended dosage as per the instructions in the package. Excess protein is not as good as our body can utilize only a minimal amount. Side effects of whey protein isolate may include headache, nausea, fatigue, flatulence, diarrhea, and pain.
- Bipro 100% Whey protein isolate can be consumed even by lactose-intolerant persons as all or most of the lactose has been filtered off.
- It is advisable not to take whey protein supplements if one is pregnant or breastfeeding as there is not enough evidence on the safety aspect.
- Studies(4) show that whey protein could have possible interactions with certain drugs like Albendazole (Albenza), Alendronate (Fosamax), and certain antibiotics like quinolone or tetracycline.
- NSF certifies the Product that the manufacturing process complies with the safety and quality standards and does not contain any banned substances for sportspeople and athletes. Most sportsmen are cautious while consuming any supplement; there are chances of them having traces of banned substances. But this product eases all their worries as it doesn’t contain any other ingredients other than those mentioned in the product label. This is a high protein product without any artificial ingredients. The manufacturers have not compromised on the nutritional aspects to make the product a best seller.
- The product is not advisable for consumption by kids aged four years and younger.
WHEN AND HOW TO CONSUME THE PRODUCT?
BiPro 100% Whey Protein Isolate can be taken pre or post-workout. It can be taken in the morning with breakfast or at bedtime too. Having the product 30-45 minutes before a workout provides the body with the required nutrients, which will help you have a high-intensity exercise for a more extended period. This will help you achieve your fitness goals. Consuming it within 30 minutes after a workout will help in replenishing the nutrients lost during the exercise and aid in quick muscle recovery and reduced fatigue.
The recommended dosage and instructions on the package must be followed for maximum benefits. Having more than the prescribed dosage could lead to side effects. The product is generally safe to be consumed by healthy adults.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST
The product costs around $39.99 for a 2-pound pack. This is roughly around $1.25 per ounce.
In our view, this product deserves an 8/10 rating. The cost factor played a role in bringing down the rating for a fantastic product.
This product does live up to its claims. Packed with essential amino acids and BCAA, this is a complete protein source and is sure to give you the added energy boost for a long strenuous session at the gym. Being a whey protein isolate, it is 90% protein, with no carbs or fat, no artificial sweeteners, no fillers, and no bulking agents. It can be absorbed faster by the body. With the use of this product, you will find less muscle soreness and fatigue. You will be all energized and ready for your next session at the gym. Bipro 100% whey protein isolate aids in fat loss and promotes lean muscle mass. It dissolves well when mixed with no clumps and tastes okay. It is naturally sweetened with stevia extract. Now that’s a sure winner! Grab your packet now and cheers to a fitter, healthier you!
- Devries, Michaela C.; Phillips, Stuart M. (2015-03). “Supplemental protein in support of muscle mass and health: advantage whey”. Journal of Food Science. 80 Suppl 1: A8–A15. doi:10.1111/1750-3841.12802. ISSN 1750-3841. PMID 25757896.
- Bounous, G. (2000-11). “Whey protein concentrate (WPC) and glutathione modulation in cancer treatment”. Anticancer Research. 20 (6C): 4785–4792. ISSN 0250-7005. PMID 11205219.
- Pesta, Dominik H; Samuel, Varman T (November 19, 2014). “A high-protein diet for reducing body fat: mechanisms and possible caveats”. Nutrition & Metabolism. 11. doi:10.1186/1743-7075-11-53. ISSN 1743-7075. PMC 4258944. PMID 25489333.
- “Whey protein”. Mayo Clinic.