Calf Press On Leg Press Machine (Calves) – Exercise Guide
Muscles worked: Calves
Equipment needed: Leg Press Machine
1. Using a leg press machine, sit down on the machine and place your legs on the platform directly in front of you at shoulder width foot stance.
2. Lower the safety bars and press the platform all the way up until your legs are fully extended without locking your knees. Make sure our torso and legs are at a 90-degree angle. Place your toes and balls of your feet on the lower portion of the platform with the heels extending off. This is your starting position.
3. While breathing out, press on the platform by raising your heels by extending your ankles as high as possible. Make sure to flex your calf during this motion. Make sure that the knee is kept stationary at all times. Hold the contracted position.
4. While breathing in, go back slowly to the starting position by lowering your heels as you bend the ankles until calves are stretched.
5. Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Caution: Be very cautious as you place the feet in the bottom part of the platform as if you slip and the safety bars are not locked then you could suffer a serious accident.
One Leg At A Time
You can perform this exercise one leg at a time as opposed to both legs together.