Oblique Crunches (Abs) – Exercise Guide
Muscles worked: Abdominal
Equipment needed: None
1. Lie down with your back on the floor, and your feet elevated and resting on a flat surface.
2. During the oblique crunches, keep your right hand at the side of your head and the left at your side.
3. Perform a cross body crunch, so your right elbow touches your left knee. Exhale and contract your abdominals as you raise your upper back off the floor to touch your knee with your elbow.
4. Pause at the top of the movement and return to the starting position while breathing in.
5. Once you’re done performing the recommended reps with the right hand at the side of your head, repeat the process with your left hand.
You can increase the resistance and the resulting pump during the oblique crunches by performing the exercise with a slow and controlled movement.