Can It Keep You Energized All Day Long?
The Optimum Nutrition Essential Amino Energy – with a perfect mix of Amino acids and energy blend can boost your energy, aid in muscle recovery and increase your mental focus making you ready to face the challenges of everyday life. Be it pre or post workout or any other time when you need a burst of energy, go grab it!
The unique combination of amino acid and caffeine is the USP of this product. This particular combination increases your energy levels and keeps you going the whole day without feeling tired. This will give you the extra push during workouts which help you attain your fitness goals.
But does the product live up to its claims? Let us examine this more closely in the below review-
- Increased energy levels
- Improved focus
- Faster muscle recovery
- Anytime drink – morning, pre workout, mid-day
- Variety of Flavors
- Low carbohydrates and calories
- Not expensive
- Easy availability – online and retail
- Contains Soy
- Contains caffeine
- Details of the individual quantity of the ingredients not known
- Contains Artificial flavors
- Not Vegan
Ingredients And Nutritional Information –
- The calorie content per serving is a negligible 5 and the carbohydrate is 1g. This goes to show that the product has not compromised on nutritional goals.
- Amino Blend – 5g – the lineup of amino acids in this product is one of the most extensive we have seen in energy booster products. The importance and benefits of each of them have been discussed below. The products do not specify the quantity of each of the amino acids in this blend making it difficult to analyze further. This will definitely aid in increasing energy levels, reducing muscle fatigue, improving focus, increasing protein synthesis to name a few.
- Micronized Taurine – An amino acid that increases the work capacity, reduces the stress, will shorten recovery, aid in burning fat, increases testosterone levels, help in improving heart and brain health and ward off the free radicals.
- Micronized L – this helps to preserve the muscle mass, increase levels of the growth hormone and improve digestive health.
- Glutamine –helps to improve immunity and intestinal health.
- Micronized L-Arginine – this turns to nitric oxide to build the body protein and helps to build muscle, regulates blood pressure and improves nutrient uptake
- Micronized L-Leucine – this is one of the 3 branched-chain amino acids (BCAA) It helps to build muscle mass, improves muscle protein synthesis, aids healing of skin and bones, regulates blood sugar levels, and increase production of human growth hormone.
- CarnoSyn Beta-Alanine – this can increase muscle endurance and reduce fatigue.
- Micronized Citrulline – This boosts nitric oxide production and improves the blood flow.
- Micronized L-Isoleucine – this helps develop endurance, assists in the growth and repair of muscles, increases hemoglobin production and regulates blood sugar levels.
- Micronized L-Valine – this helps to improve sleep quality, regulate blood sugar levels, aid in muscle tissue repair, improves muscle growth and increase endurance levels.
- Micronized L-Tyrosine – this helps to lower stress levels, improve alertness.
- Micronized L-Histidine – this is an essential amino acid that helps to build protein in our body and regulate metabolism and digestion.
- Micronized L-Lysine – it is an essential amino acid that helps reduce anxiety, improve calcium absorption and promote wound healing.
- Micronized L-Phenylalanine – it is an essential amino acid that helps improve mood and reduce stress levels.
- Micronized L-Threonine (1)– it is an essential amino acid which is important for protein synthesis, reduce depression, improves fat metabolism and immune function.
- Micronized L-Methionine – this produces molecules for improved cell function, aids metabolism, weight loss and improves absorption of zinc and selenium.
- Energy Blend – 160 g – The main energy-boosting ingredients in the market are also found in this product. Due to caffeine intolerance in some individuals it is advised to take this product in moderation. The benefits of each of the energy blend ingredients are discussed below. Overall you couldn’t ask for a more wholesome energy booster product.
- Caffeine – Studies reveal that caffeine is an ergogenic aid (2) that can help in increased training, improve endurance and improve resistance to fatigue. A standard serving will have 200mg of caffeine. This is a low dosage and should not cause any side effects. But the tolerance of caffeine varies in different individuals. Some people will be more sensitive and even a small dosage could prompt some side effects.
- Green Tea Extract – Some studies show that green tea extract (GTE) enhances fat oxidation (3) during rest and exercise. It aids weight loss, delays muscle fatigue and improves exercise performance.
- Green Coffee Extract – The green coffee extract is got from coffee beans that are not roasted, so they are rich in antioxidants and have caffeine and chlorogenic acid. This also aids in weight loss with improved metabolism and increases energy levels.
- Other Ingredients – Artificial sweeteners and artificial coloring may have certain side effects and could have been avoided in this product.
- Citric Acid
- Malic Acid
- Natural & Artificial Flavors
- Beet Powder
- Tartaric Acid
- Silicon Dioxide
- Calcium Silicate
- Gum Blend (Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carrageenan)
- FD&C Yellow #5&6
Benefits Of Optimum Nutrition Essential Amino Energy –
- Increases energy level – The BCAAs and amino acids such as Leucine and Valine, L Citrulline (4), L Glutamine boost energy production. This will provide for added energy for the workout and daily routine activities.
- Improves focus – Amino acid L Tyrosine improves mental focus. This helps you carry on your daily activities with ease.
- Reduces muscle fatigue – Amino acids like beta-alanine reduce muscle fatigue and this helps to increase the workout time and intensity
- Improves Recovery – Taurine helps to shorten the time for muscle recovery after a workout. You do not then feel drained out all day after a workout and carry on with other activities.
- Improves endurance and stamina – Amino acids Leucine, valine, and beta-alanine improves the endurance and stamina thus helping you to work out for longer duration.
- Improves Mood – Amino acid like Taurine is known to cut down stress, reduce depression and alleviate the mood.
- Increases Metabolism – Green tea extract and green coffee extract increases metabolism, burns fat and aids in weight loss.
- Improves blood flow and regulates blood pressure – Amino acid-like L – Arginine is a nitric oxide pre curser which improves blood flow and regulates blood pressure.
- Boosts Human Growth Hormone Level – Amino acid Glutamine boosts the level of HGH and this preserves muscle mass and increases vitality.
Side Effects –
- Studies show that 200mg of caffeine is safe for consumption by a healthy adult. However, it causes various side effects like nervousness, rapid heartbeat, muscle tremors, stomach-upset, insomnia or jitters in some even when consumed in moderation.
- The amino acid beta-alanine also produces a tingling sensation in some individuals. Though the exact quantity of this amino acid used in this product is not known, it may react for a few.
- Artificial food sweetener and artificial food coloring also could have some side effects.
When And How To Take The Product –
- Morning Drink: When you take a glass of amino energy in the morning instead of your regular cup of coffee you get your dose of caffeine (5), water, and amino acids to get you going. You can mix two scoops of ESSENTIAL AMINO ENERGY in 10-12 oz. of cold water as per the instruction is given in the product.
- Mid-Morning Drink: Whenever you need a boost of energy grab this drink and help your muscles recover and get the lost energy back.
- Pre-Workout: The product advice taking 1-3 servings 20-30 minutes before training. The amino acids are great for pre workout as they improve blood flow, increase protein synthesis, improves endurance, leaving you all pumped up during the exercise regime.
- Post Workout: The product advises taking 1-2 servings after workout. This will speed up muscle recovery and give you the required energy boost.
But remember to follow the safety warning given on the product. Do not exceed more than 6scoops within any 4-hour period. Also, it is intended to be consumed by healthy individuals who are at least 18years of age.
Cost & Availability–
A 20.64-ounce pack can cost you around $32.48. The product is available both online and retail.
Final Thoughts –
This product is certainly an answer to all your sluggish problems. This will boost your energy levels for a workout or your daily routine activities. With the use of this product, you will find that you are exercising longer and with greater intensity and that too without any muscle soreness or fatigue. The vast flavors wouldn’t make this drink too boring for your taste buds. Just like any other caffeine product, use restraint and consume in moderation as per the instructions of the manufacturer. Overall with a comprehensive amino acid blend and a wholesome energy blend, this unique product gets our thumbs up!
(1) “threonine” https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-1083/threonine
(2) “caffeine is an ergogenic aid” https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11583104
(3) “green tea extract (GTE) enhances fat oxidation” https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3649093/
(4) “L Citrulline” https://www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-supplements/l-citrulline-uses-and-risks#1