Seated Calf Raise (Calves) – Exercise Guide
Muscles worked: Calves
Equipment needed: Seated Calf Raise Machine
1. While sitting on the machine, place your toes on the lower portion of the platform. Choose the toe positioning of your choice.
2. Place your lower thighs under the lever pad and adjust it according to the height of your thighs. Now place your hands on top of the lever pad to prevent it from slipping.
3. Lift the lever slightly by pushing your heels up and release the safety bar. This is your starting position.
4. Inhale as you slowly lower your heels. Do this by bending at the ankles until the calves are fully stretched.
5. Raise the heels by extending the ankles as high as possible as you contract the calves and breathe out. Hold the top contraction for a second.
6. Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Target the Inner and Outer Calves
Your calves consist of three heads, and you can train them using different feet placement. The parallel feet placement primarily targets the medial calves. To target the outer calf heads, stand with your toes together and heels apart (forming an “A”). Forming a “V” by placing your heels together and toes apart will train your inner calf heads.