Tricep Dumbbell Kickback (Triceps) – Exercise Guide
Muscles worked: Triceps
Equipment needed: Dumbbells
1. Starting position: Grab dumbbell in each hand and have your palms facing your torso. Keep your back straight with a slight bend in the knees and bend forward at the waist. Your torso should be near-parallel to the floor. Your upper arms should be close to your torso and parallel to the floor and forearms should be pointed towards the floor. Keep your arms at a 90-degree angle. Keep your head up.
2. While keeping your upper arms stationary, use your triceps to lift the weights while exhaling until the arm is fully extended. Put your focus on your forearm movement.
3. Pause briefly at the top of the contraction.
4. Slowly inhale and lower the dumbbells back down to the starting position.
5. Repeat the movement for the prescribed amount of repetitions.
This exercise can be executed also one arm at a time.
Alternatively, while you are using one arm at a time, you can use a low pulley handle instead of a dumbbell for better peak contraction. In this case, the palms should be facing up (supinated grip) as opposed to the torso (neutral grip).