The bodybuilding community has lost one of its own in Scott Wilson.
The old school era of bodybuilding featured a great deal of talented bodybuilders, all of which focused as much on building quality muscle as they did on cultivating an aesthetic and athletic physique. The 70s and 80s was called the Golden Era for a reason, mainly because most pro bodybuilders at that time looked absolutely incredible. It was an era when bodybuilding didn’t produce the greatest income so if you were apart of the culture it was because you had a diehard love for the endeavor.
Among the ranks of the Golden Era bodybuilders was Scott Wilson.
As a former Mr. America and Mr. International winner, Scott Wilson proved himself to be a highly talented bodybuilder during his time on the competitive circuit. He started weight training in his teens and took to working out with relish. During his high school years he was apart of the wrestling team and holds the “fastest pin” (11 second).
Joining the marines after high school, Wilson eventually would find himself on a bodybuilding posing stage as he entered a competition on a dare. Little did he know that decision would eventually lead to his major title wins at the Mr. America and Mr. International.
Unfortunately, Scott Wilson is reported to have passed away at the age of 67. He is survived by his wife Vy, and his three sons, Scott, Michael, and Erik. Below is his competition history and list of accomplishments for both bodybuilding and powerlifting.
- Amateur Mr. San Diego – 1st
- AAU Mr. California – 1st
- Mr. America – 6th
- Mr. America – 3rd (Pro Card)
- WBBG Pro Mr. America – 1st
- NBA Natural Mr. America – 5th
- NBA Natural Mr. America – 3rd
- Mr. International – 2nd
- Canada Pro Cup – 7th
- Mr. International – 1st
- Grand Prix Denver – 6th
- Grand Prix Portland – 1st
- World Pro Championships – 5th
- Canada Pro Cup – 6th
- World Grand Prix – 6th
- World Pro Championships – 9th
- Night of Champions – 14th
- Los Angeles Pro Championships – 10th
- World Pro Championships – 12th
- Night of Champions – NP
- Grand Prix US Pro – 4th
- Niagara Falls Pro Invitational – 8th
- World Pro Championships – 6th
- Masters Mr. Olympia – 11th
- North Carolina Super Natural – 2nd
- Master’s Mr. Olympia – 10th
- Masters Mr. Olympia – 8th
- Bench Press – 263kg (580lbs)
- Squat – 340kg (750kbs)
- Deadlift – 333kg (735lbs)