Who won the 2023 Champions League Poland?
The results for the 2023 Strongman Champions League Poland are in. 12 strongman competitors from 8 different countries participated in the show. Each strongman had to compete in five different events and secure a possible 60 points in order to win the show.
When things were all said and done it would be the Netherlands’ Kevin Hazeleger who emerged victorious. Narrowly beating out Poland’s Oskar Ziółkowski by half a point, Hazeleger stood atop the podium as the champion of this tightly contested show. The full results are below.
2023 Strongman Champions League Poland Results
- Kevin Hazeleger (Netherlands) — 45 points
- Oskar Ziółkowski (Poland) — 44.5 points
- Adam Roszkowski (Poland) — 42 points
- Aivars Šmaukstelis (Latvia) — 36.5 points
- Mika Törrö (Finland) — 35.5 points
- Evans Aryee (Ghana) — 34.5 points
- Grzegorz Szymański (Poland) — 31.5 points
- Péter Juhász (Hungary) — 31 points
- Dawid Pakulski (Poland) — 30.5 points
- Kane Francis (UK) — 26.5 points
- Lucas Rogerio (Brazil) — 17.5 points
- Louis Jack (UK) — 14 points
View this post on Instagram
So how was Kevin Hazeleger able to secure victory at the 2023 SCL Poland? The results for each of the five events at the competition explain it all.
Each strongman had one minute to push a 15,000 kg truck down a 20-meter course for the fastest time.
- Dawid Pakulski — 19.34 seconds
- Kane Francis — 21.25 seconds
- Kevin Hazeleger — 21.78 seconds
- Mika Törrö — 21.91 seconds
- Péter Juhász — 22.15 seconds
- Adam Roszkowski — 23.40 seconds
- Aivars Šmaukstelis — 23.81 seconds
- Evans Aryee — 23.91 seconds
- Lucas Rogerio — 25.13 seconds
- Oskar Ziółkowski — 25.37 seconds
- Louis Jack — 25.72 seconds
- Grzegorz Szymański — 27.04 seconds
The competitors had to carry a 340 kg frame and traverse a 40-meter course for the fastest time within 60 seconds. If athletes didn’t complete the course they were scored by distance.
- Kevin Hazeleger — 19.06 seconds
- Evans Aryee — 21.38 seconds
- Grzegorz Szymański — 24.28 seconds
- Mika Törrö — 37.38 seconds
- Oskar Ziółkowski — 20.2 meters
- Kane Francis — 16.5 meters
- Dawid Pakulski — 15.7 meters
- Aivars Šmaukstelis — 12.3 meters
- Lucas Rogerio — 12.2 meters
- Péter Juhász — 11 meters
- Adam Roszkowski — 10.9 meters
- Louis Jack — 7.8 meters
Bag Over Bar
Strongman athletes had to toss five bags weighing between 20 and 28 kg over a bar 4.7 meters tall.
- Adam Roszkowski — Five in 15.05 seconds
- Oskar Ziółkowski — Five in 16.26 seconds
- Aivars Šmaukstelis — Five in 34.22 seconds
- Louis Jack — Four in 12.75 seconds
- Mika Törrö — Four in 14.30 seconds
- Kevin Hazeleger — Four in 16.32 seconds
- Péter Juhász — Four in 30.35 seconds
- Dawid Pakulski — Four in 32.95 seconds
- Evans Aryee — Three in 11.01 seconds
- Kane Francis — Three in 17.36 seconds
- Grzegorz Szymański — Two in 15.14 seconds
- Lucas Rogerio — One in 7.02 seconds
Athletes were tasked with lifting a 150 kg log overhead and performing as many reps as possible within a 60-second time limit.
- Oskar Ziółkowski — Seven reps (T-first)
- Adam Roszkowski — Seven reps (T-first)
- Aivars Šmaukstelis — Six reps
- Evans Aryee — Five reps
- Kevin Hazeleger — Three reps (T-fifth)
- Grzegorz Szymański — Three reps (T-fifth)
- Péter Juhász — Three reps (T-fifth)
- Lucas Rogerio — Three reps (T-fifth)
- Dawid Pakulski — Two reps
- Mika Törrö — One rep (T-10th)
- Kane Francis — One rep (T-10th)
- Louis Jack — One rep (T-10th)
In the final event the strongman athletes had to lift three different implements weighing 225, 250, and 275 kgs respectively and scale 15 steps with each implement. The competitors were given a 90 second time limit for this event.
- Grzegorz Szymański — 54 seconds
- Oskar Ziółkowski — 82 seconds
- Kevin Hazeleger — 12 stairs (T-third)
- Adam Roszkowski — 12 stairs (T-third)
- Mika Törrö — 10 stairs (T-fifth)
- Péter Juhász — 10 stairs (T-fifth)
- Aivars Šmaukstelis — Five stairs (T-seventh)
- Evans Aryee — Five stairs (T-seventh)
- Dawid Pakulski — Four stairs (T-ninth)
- Kane Francis — Four stairs (T-ninth)
- Lucas Rogerio — One stair
- Louis Jack — no lift
In the end it would be his solid performance overall as well as his victory in the Frame Carry event that secured victory for Kevin Hazeleger.
News and Editorial Writer at Generation Iron, Jonathan Salmon is a writer, martial arts instructor, and geek culture enthusiast. Check out his YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Sound Cloud for in-depth MMA analysis.