Air Bike (Abs) – Exercise Guide
Muscles worked: Abdominal
Equipment needed: None
1. Lie with your back on the floor and raise your legs so your upper legs are perpendicular and the lower legs are parallel to the floor.
2. Keep your hands at the side or back of your head and lift your shoulders to get into the crunching position.
3. Slowly start performing a cycling motion by kicking your right leg forward and bringing in the knee of your left leg towards your chest.
4. Bring your right elbow close to your left knee by crunching to your sides while simultaneously breathing out.
5. Return to the starting position while breathing in.
6. Repeat the process on the other side for the recommended reps.
While it isn’t possible to add resistance to the air bike by using weights, you can put more focus on your abs by slowing down the motion of the exercise. Increasing the time under tension in this exercise will lead to a better pump.