Alternating Kettlebell Row (Middle Back) – Exercise Guide
Muscles worked: Middle Back
Equipment needed: Kettlebells
1. Stand with an upright torso holding a kettlebell in each hand extended at arm’s length.
2. Bend over by pushing your hips back while maintaining a slight bend in your knees. Hold the kettlebells with an overhand grip (palms facing your body).
3. Your upper body should be almost parallel to the floor at the starting position. Let your arms hang straight so that they are perpendicular to the floor.
4. While breathing out, pull the right arm towards your stomach or rib cage while keeping the left arm stationary in the extended position.
5. Pause and contract your middle back for a couple of seconds and return to the starting position while breathing in.
6. Repeat the movement with your left arm while keeping the right arm stationary.
7. Keep alternating between arms for the recommended reps.
You could perform the kettlebell rows by pulling with both your arms at the same time. You might have to lift relatively lighter weights in this variation as compared to the alternating kettlebell rows.