Bench Dips (Triceps) – Exercise Guide
Muscles worked: Triceps
Equipment needed: None
1. Place a flat bench behind your back and hold onto it by its edges with the hands fully extended.
2. Place your hands at shoulder-width on the bench and extend your legs forward by bending at the waist so they are perpendicular to your torso. Maintain a slight bend in your knees throughout the exercise.
3. As you breathe in, slowly lower your body by flexing at the elbows until the angle between the lower and upper arm is less than 90-degrees.
4. Keep your elbows as close to each other as possible to focus on your triceps.
5. Extend your elbows and return to the starting position by using your triceps while breathing out.
6. Pause and squeeze your triceps at the top of the movement for a couple of seconds.
7. Repeat for the recommended reps.
If the bodyweight version of the bench dips feels easy, you can add resistance by placing your feet on an elevated platform. You could also place weight plates in your lap as you perform the exercise.