The right water can keep you hydrated and thriving for all your workouts.
Staying hydrated is absolutely key when it comes to building gains and alkaline water is exactly what we need to start seeing those gains. Too often do we make the mistake that water is simply water and leave it alone. But, like all products, there are products that reign high above all else. Alkaline water with the right pH balance and proper amounts of electrolytes can make or break serious gains and is a highly effective source of water to keep you operating at a high physical and mental level no matter the workload.
We’ve put together a list of the Best Alkaline Water for 2022 so you have the best chance at seeing hydration success with only the cleanest and most pure sources of water.
Best Alkaline Water 2022
- Best Alkaline Water Overall: Northern Chill
- Best Alkaline Water With Electrolytes: Essentia Bottled Water
- Best Alkaline Water For Indigestion: smartwater Alkaline Water
- Best Mineral Alkaline Water: Perfect Hydration Alkaline Water
- Best Alkaline Water For Hydration & Performance: Waiakea Naturally Alkaline Hawaiian Volcanic Water
Best Alkaline Water Overall
The best alkaline water overall will be from a clean, pure, and natural source with great benefits and tons of electrolytes to keep you hydrated and fueled.
Northern Chill is bottled in Wisconsin from an aquifer created by glaciers. Naturally produced with a 7.8 pH alkaline, this water is also filled with valuable minerals and electrolytes and offers a creamy taste. Northern Chill takes pride in the fact that this bottle remains unaltered, uninfused, and unchanged from nature to bottle giving you the best option for cleanliness and purity. Available by case or pallet, this water is great for those of all generations.
- Pure, clean, and natural water source
- Natural pH level of 7.8
- Soured right here in the United States
- Reputable company who works to give back to the community
Price: $39.95/ 12-pack
Check out our individual review for Northern Chill Alkaline Water here!
Best Alkaline Water With Electrolytes
Electrolytes are key and as athletes constantly sweating and losing them, the right alkaline water with plenty of electrolytes can make or break all of your gains.
Essentia Bottled Water
Essentia is 99.9% pure and passes through a microfiltration process and reverse osmosis. Enhanced with electrolytes, not only does this elevate taste but also brings hydration to that next level. Along with the other processes, a proprietary ionization process produces smooth pH water and works to give you the best with no bitter tasting acidic ions. Created to keep you going and provide you with electrolytes for a serious boost, Essentia is a great option.
- Quality processes and control to purify the water
- Packed with electrolytes to hydrate and replenish lost stores
- High pH to remove any acidity
- Reverse osmosis may have more of an effect on taste than if naturally sourced
Price: $22.98/ 12-pack
Best Alkaline Water For Indigestion
Indigestion is just uncomfortable but the right alkaline water working to alleviate those indigestion needs can be a game changer.
smartwater Alkaline Water
Smartwater is purity you can taste and hydration you can feel to only maximize your gains. Vapor distilled for purity, added electrolytes allow for even more hydration and effective replenishing of lost stores. With a 9-plus pH, this is crisp, clean water you will absolutely love from a company seeking to make an acid free water. Those looking to improve indigestion and daily fitness, smartwater is a really nice choice.
- Vapor distilled for purity
- Added electrolytes are great for hydration and performance
- Crips, clean water with a 9-plus pH
- A premium option for water in terms of price
Price: $37.48/ 12-pack
Best Mineral Alkaline Water
Alkaline water packed with minerals offers the unique chance to get those extra doses of those valuable minerals that we all need to thrive.
Perfect Hydration Alkaline Water
Perfect Hydration is supercharged water using a 9-stage filtration process. With enhanced minerals and electrolytes, this water is purified and ionized so you get the best benefits possible. Domestically sourced and purified, the electrolyte minerals also add taste with no sodium, chlorine, fluorine, or harmful additives to ruin this great product. Given its emphasis on minerals, Perfect Hydration is a great choice if that is your focus.
- 9-stage filtration process for purity
- Enhanced minerals and electrolytes for taste and benefits
- No harmful additives
- Cheap bottles may potentially alter taste
Price: $27.48/ 12-pack
Best Alkaline Water For Hydration & Performance
When it comes to hydration and performance, the right alkaline water can give you energy, keep you fueled, and offer the best so all you do is grind.
Waiakea Naturally Alkaline Hawaiian Volcanic Water
Waiakea water comes from Hawaii high up in the mountains. The water is then filtered through thousands of feet of volcanic rock and naturally sourced. The volcanic rock enhances it with minerals and electrolytes and offers a pH of 8.2. With a crisp taste and smooth mouthful, this mineral and electrolyte rich water is perfect for hydration and performance.
Waiakea Naturally Alkaline Hawaiian Volcanic Water is premium by nature with minerals and electrolytes to keep you hydrated for maximum performance.
- Naturally sourced in a great way
- Rich with minerals and electrolytes for taste and benefits
- A pH of 8.2 is great since this is all natural
- Expensive option for water
- Potential metallic aftertaste was also noted by some
Price: $56.99/ 12-pack
Benefits Of Alkaline Water
Alkaline is a great way to neutralize an acidic body which can be helpful for those consuming high acid foods like sugar, dairy, and red meat. You also get a great, clean, and pure source of water for all your hydration needs either in the gym or throughout the day.
Benefits of alkaline water include:
- Optimal hydration: Keep yourself hydrated and thriving for all those sport specific and daily needs. Important for bodily functions, hydration is absolutely key for a healthy lifestyle (1).
- Help detox: Remove those toxins that can cause fatigue, bloating, inflammation, and dehydration.
- Weight loss assistance: Drinking water continuously throughout the day can help when it comes to curbing your appetite, so you don’t feel the need to snack, thus leading to weight loss (2).
- Provides antioxidants: Work to stay free of harmful free radicals and pump yourself with all of those vital antioxidants.
- Improve metabolism and digestion: Give your body what it needs to see a healthy metabolic boost and proper gut health for the best in terms of digestion (3).
- Potential longevity: Studies have shown that alkaline water may help promote better longevity and give you a better quality of life (4).
How Much Are These Alkaline Waters?
Finding the right alkaline water for your gains while also being affordable can be challenging. Of course, those more premium options will cost more money so knowing how much it is per serving may help make your decision a little easier. We’ve broken down our list so you can see the overall price and price per serving as you compare amongst our Best Alkaline Water list.
This list reflects the price of a 12-pack across all products for 1 liter bottles.
|Category||Product||Price||Why We Love It|
|Best Alkaline Water Overall||Northern Chill||Price: $39.95
Per Bottle: $3.33
|Pure, clean, and natural water source from a reputable company.|
|Best Alkaline Water With Electrolytes||Essentia Bottled Water||Price: $22.98
Per Bottle: $1.92
|Quality processes for control and purity with electrolytes for great benefits.|
|Best Alkaline Water For Indigestion||Smartwater Alkaline Water||Price: $37.48
Per Bottle: $3.13
|Vapor distilled with a crips and clean taste.|
|Best Mineral Alkaline Water||Perfect Hydration Alkaline Water||Price: $27.48
Per Bottle: $2.29
|Nine stage filtration process with enhanced minerals and electrolytes.|
|Best Alkaline Water For Hydration & Performance||Waiakea Naturally Alkaline Hawaiian Volcanic Water||Price: $56.99
Per Bottle: $4.75
|Naturally sourced with a pH of 8.2.|
What To Consider Before Buying
Before buying your alkaline water, there are some important factors to consider so you get the best product possible.
Quality & Source
Your water should be of the utmost quality and where it is sourced from should be clean and natural. These products on our list above reflect that and are very solid options for your alkaline water.
Reputation Of Company
The company behind the product should be 100% invested in giving you the best and their reputation matters. Don’t settle for any average company and only look for the best.
A reputable company and properly sourced product will have the proper pH levels but always be sure to check this out.
Supplements, food, and beverages can get expensive but there are those products out there that are at the right price. It is absolutely possible to find a quality supplement without totally breaking the bank.
How We Choose The Best Alkaline Water
When looking at the best alkaline water, we focus in on the brand to start. Any company providing food, beverage, or supplements should be putting quality over quantity. Your health matters and the brand should represent that. We then look at pH level and how clean the source is. This is important for a host of bodily functions and can affect you on multiple levels. Lastly, we look at price. We know you want to spend as little money as possible for the best products and that is totally understandable. This list reflects top products that won’t break the bank but will still give you high quality water.
What is the best alkaline water?
Northern Chill. Northern Chill is bottled in Wisconsin from an aquifer created by glaciers. Naturally produced with a 7.8 pH alkaline, this water is also filled with valuable minerals and electrolytes and offers a creamy taste.
What does pH mean?
This refers to the measure of how acidic or how much alkaline the water is. On a scale of 0-14, 7 is our neutral number and anything less is more acidic while anything greater is getting to more basic.
Can alkaline water help my athletic goals?
Staying hydrated can absolutely help your athletic goals. Keeping you free from dehydration can increase your energy, improve focus and clarity, and keep you grinding and seeing gains inside and out of the gym.
Alkaline water is a great source to keep you hydrated and only seeing the best gains around. Knowing how much water to drink and how best to take care of ourselves can be a game changer when it comes to seeing those gains we want most. Remember to always make sure the brand is reputable and working for you because you deserve the best for your health and training. Check out this list above of the Best Alkaline Water and set yourself up for the best success.
Generation Iron may receive commissions on purchases made through our links. See our disclosure page for more information.
- Kurylas, A.; et al. (2017). “The Effectiveness of Alkaline Water in Hydrating Athletes”. (source)
- Thornton, S. (2016). “Increased Hydration Can Be Associated with Weight Loss”. (source)
- Popkin, B.; et al. (2010). “Water, Hydration and Health”. (source)
- Magro, M.; et al. (2016). “Alkaline Water and Longevity: A Murine Study”. (source)