Decline Barbell Bench Press (Chest) – Exercise Guide
Muscles worked: Chest
Equipment needed: Barbell, Decline Bench
1. Lie down with your back on a decline bench and your feet secured under the pads.
2. As you lie down on the bench, extend your arms forward so they are perpendicular to the floor. Grab the barbell.
3. Your wrists should be in a pronated (wrists facing forward) position at the starting of the exercise.
4. Take a deep breath and lower the barbell to the sides of your chest.
5. Your forearms should remain perpendicular to the floor throughout the exercise.
6. Exhale and reverse the motion by pushing through your elbows. Use your pectoral muscles to lift the barbell.
7. Pause and contract your pecs at the top of the movement.
8. Repeat for the recommended repetitions.
Target the Lower Pecs From Different Angles
You can hit your lower chest from different angles by changing the decline angle of the bench.