Dumbbell Bicep Curl (Biceps) – Exercise Guide
Muscles worked: Biceps
Equipment needed: Dumbbells
1. Stand with an upright torso and hold a dumbbell in each hand at arm’s length.
2. Your palms should be facing your torso at the starting position.
3. Exhale and curl the dumbbells at the same time until they are at your shoulder level.
4. Slowly rotate the dumbbells while curling, so your palms are facing inwards at the top of the movement.
5. Pause and contract your biceps at the top of the movement.
6. Breathe in and slowly rotate your palms and return to the starting position.
7. Repeat the movement for the recommended reps.
While the dumbbell bicep curls are primarily a bicep exercise, you can put more focus on your forearms by holding the dumbbells with a monkey grip. You could also use a thicker bar or fat grips to place a greater focus on your forearms.