Dumbbell Row (Back) – Exercise Guide
Muscles worked: Back
Equipment needed: Dumbbells
1. Stand with an upright torso with a dumbbell in each hand extended at arm’s length.
2. Bend at your hips while maintaining an arch in your back so that your back forms a 45-60-degree angle with the floor.
3. Hold the dumbbells with a neutral grip (palms facing each other) and let them hang so that they are perpendicular to the floor.
4. While keeping your elbows close to your body, pull the dumbbells to your torso. Contract your shoulder blades at the top of the movement.
5. Pause and squueze your lats for a couple of seconds as you breathe out.
6. Return to the starting position as your return breathe in while maintaining a slow and controlled movement.
7. Repeat for the recommended reps.
Isolate Your Lats
You can isolate and better target your lats by training one side at a time. Assume the same position as the dumbbells rows and work one side before switching to the other.
Put Constant Tension
Using a straight bar attachment on a low cable pulley can help in putting constant tension on your lats. Focus on contracting your lats with every rep for a crazy pump.