Incline Dumbbell Flyes (Chest) – Exercise Guide
Muscles worked: Chest
Equipment needed: Dumbbell, Incline Bench
1. Sit on an incline bench with a dumbbell in each hand placed atop your thighs. Hold the dumbbells with a neutral (palms facing each other) grip.
2. Push the dumbbell to your shoulders height using your thighs and lie down on the incline bench. Extend your arms so that they are perpendicular to the floor.
3. Maintain a slight arch in your back and elbows throughout the exercise.
4. Take a deep breath and lower the dumbbells at your side in a wide arc until you feel a stretch in your pectoral muscles.
5. The main movement should happen at the shoulder joint while your arms remain locked at an angle.
6. Reverse the motion when your elbows drop a little lower than your chest at your sides.
7. Pause and contract your chest at the top of the movement.
8. Repeat for the recommended repetitions.
Target the Upper Pecs From Different Angles
You can hit your upper chest from different angles by changing the incline angle of the bench. You can also use a pronated (palms facing forward) grip to train your chest in the incline dumbbell flyes.