Cable Crossover (Chest) – Exercise Guide
Muscles worked: Chest
Equipment needed: Cable Pulley Machine
1. Attach the D-handles to the pulleys in the high position. Select the appropriate resistance and grab a handle in each hand.
2. Step forward to gain tension on your chest through the cables while remaining in the center of the pulley machine.
3. Stand with an upright torso and maintain a slight bend in your elbows throughout the exercise. Hold the D-handle attachments with a supinated (palms facing down) grip.
4. Extend your arms to the side in a wide arc until you feel a stretch on your chest. Breathe in as you perform this portion of the movement.
5. Exhale and focus on using your chest to slowly pull the handles down towards the floor until they touch or cross over in front of you.
6. Pause and contract your pecs at the peak of the movement.
7. Return to the starting position while breathing in with a slow and controlled movement.
8. Repeat for the recommended repetitions.
Target Your Chest From Different Angles
You can target your pecs from a different angle by using a neutral (palms facing each other) grip. For the neutral grip variation, you might want to hold the cable directly without using any attachments.