Brock Lesnar to make a UFC comeback? Michael Bisping Thinks so.
Former two-time UFC Heavyweight champion, Cain Velasquez attended his first ever WWE event on Sunday: the Elimination Chamber at Las Vegas’ T-Mobile Arena. The event featured former UFC superstar Ronda Rousey, in her second WWE appearance.
Velasquez posted a picture of himself on Instagram sporting a Mexican wrestling mask with the caption:
“First @WWE event! I could feel at home here! #BrockLesnar, I wouldn’t mind taking another belt from you.”
In 2010, Velasquez, now age 35, TKO’d Lesnar to win the UFC heavyweight championship. Since then he has been through a brutal and agonizing series of injuries. He is expected to make a return to the cage sometime within the next year. Lesnar, 40, is currently contracted to WWE. His last appearance in the Octagon was at UFC 200 in 2016, where he beat Mark Hunt by decision. He failed two drug tests surrounding the bout and was suspended after a multi-million-dollar payday. Hunt is still pursuing a lawsuit against the UFC.
This callout comes a few days after Dana White posted a picture of himself with Lesnar, captioned by a smiley face. On his Believe You Me Podcast, former Middlweight champion Michael Bisping said:
“Lesnar is definitely, definitely, definitely, definitely, gonna fight in the UFC.”
He also said that the UFC had a specific opponent lined up, but neglected to disclose who it was. The person who made this clip, obviously interpreted that as Jon Jones, although that’s unlikely as Jones is facing his own doping scandal. More likely would be someone like Francis Ngannou. Ngannou has a massive amount of hype surrounding his knockout power, had has shown susceptibility to takedowns, which are Lesnar’s forte. A fight between them, even as a non-title fight, would probably by the biggest UFC Heavyweight fight in history.
Another potential candidate is Mark Hunt. He has relentlessly declared Lesnar a cheater after their first fight, and the ongoing drama between them would make for an excellent storyline.