Natural Glute Ham Raise (Hamstrings) – Exercise Guide
Muscles worked: Hamstrings
Equipment needed: None
1. Using the leg pads of a lat pulldown machine or the arms pad of the preacher curl bench, position yourself so that your lower legs and ankles are under the pads, knees on the seat as you’re facing away from the machine.
2. At the starting position, your lower and upper legs should form a 90-degree angle, and your torso should be upright.
3. Keep your arms crossed in front of your chest as you breathe in and lower yourself until your knees are almost completely straight.
4. Your body should be almost in a straight line at the bottom of the movement.
5. Breathe out and raise yourself back to the starting position using your hamstrings while breathing in.
Repeat for the recommended repetitions.
If you can’t perform the natural glute ham raise with your own bodyweight, you could use bands or a partner for assistance. You can also push off of a box to aid in completing a repetition.