Plank (Abs) – Exercise Guide
Muscles worked: Abdominal
Equipment needed: None
1. Lie down in a prone position with your chest facing the floor.
2. Support your weight on your toes and your forearms.
3. Your arms should be bent directly under your body, and your upper arms should be perpendicular to the floor.
4. Keep your body in a straight line and maintain a tight core throughout the exercise.
5. Hold the position for as long as possible.
If you’re able to hold a plank position for upwards of two minutes, you can make the exercise more difficult by placing a weight plate on your back. Make sure you don’t slouch your back during the exercise.
There are many variations of the orthodox planks which can be performed to target different areas of the abdominal. Raising an arm or a leg during the planks can put more focus on the obliques.