Preacher Curl (Biceps) – Exercise Guide
Muscles worked: Biceps
Equipment needed: Preacher Bench, Barbell
1. To perform this exercise, you will need a preacher bench and a barbell. Grab the barbell with a shoulder-width grip, so your palms are facing forward.
2. Place your upper arms on the preacher curl pad and position your chest against it.
3. As you exhale, curl the barbell until your biceps are fully contracted and the bar is at the shoulder height.
4. At this position, squeeze your biceps for a couple of seconds.
5. Slowly lower the bar, so your biceps are fully extended. Your upper and lower arms should be in a straight line at the bottom of the movement.
6. Repeat for the recommended reps.
Target the Inner Bicep Heads
Holding the barbell with a wider than shoulder-width grip will target the inner heads of the biceps and will help in developing the peak.
Target the Outer Bicep Heads
To target the outer bicep head, hold the barbell with a narrower than shoulder-width grip. It’ll help in developing the separation between the shoulder and the bicep.