Preacher Dumbbell Hammer Curl (Biceps) – Exercise Guide
Muscles worked: Biceps
Equipment needed: Preacher Bench, Dumbbells
1. To perform this exercise, you will need a preacher bench and a couple of dumbbells.
2. Place the upper arms on the preacher bench pad while holding a dumbbell in each hand at arm’s length.
3. Exhale and curl the dumbbells, so they are at your shoulder height. Pause and contract your biceps at this point.
4. Breathe out and lower the dumbbells with slow and controlled motion, so your biceps are fully extended.
5. Your forearms and biceps should be in a straight line at the bottom of the movement.
6. Repeat for the recommended repetitions.
Isolate Your Biceps
Since the preacher hammer dumbbell curls are performed using dumbbells, you can better isolate your biceps by performing the exercise on one arm before moving onto the other or by alternating between your arms.