Seated Back Extension (Lower Back) – Exercise Guide
Muscles worked: Lower Back
Equipment needed: Back Extension Machine
1. Adjust the machine so that you’re sitting in an upright position at the starting point and select an appropriate load.
2. Place your upper back on the roller, grab onto the handles and place your feet firmly on the footrest.
3. Keep your chest upright and your head looking forward throughout the exercise.
4. Breathe out and initiate the movement by extending at the hips and lumbar spine to push back the roller pad with your upper back, and straighten your back.
5. Pause and contract your lower back at the top of the movement.
6. Return to the starting position while breathing in with a slow and controlled movement.
7. Repeat for the recommended repetitions.