Sit-Ups (Abs) – Exercise Guide
Muscles worked: Abdominal
Equipment needed: None
- Lie down with your back on the floor and knees bent.
- Secure your feet under something, so they don’t lift off the floor while performing the exercise.
- Place your hands at the sides or behind your head. This will be the starting position.
- While breathing out, elevate your upper body until it is perpendicular to the floor.
- Pause and contract your abs at the top of the movement.
- Slowly return to the starting position while breathing in.
- Repeat the process for the recommended reps.
You can add resistance by holding a weight plate against your chest. If you don’t want to hold onto weights while performing the exercise, you could do the sit-ups on a decline bench with a slow, and controlled motion to target the abdominals.