Smith Machine Shrug (Traps) – Exercise Guide
Muscles worked: Traps
Equipment needed: Smith Machine
1. Set the bar height on the smith machine near the middle of your thighs. Grab the bar with palms facing towards you at shoulder width apart.
2. Lift the barbell up and fully extend your arms with your back straight. This is the starting position.
3. While exhaling, lift the bar by raising your shoulders until they come close to touching your ears. Hold the contraction.
4. While inhaling, lower the bar back down to the starting position.
5. Repeat as needed for your set.
This exercise can be performed using a squat rack with a barbell. Be sure to pay attention to form without the support of the Smith Machine. Too much weight can harm your back.