A breakdown of the World’s Strongest Man 2020 Day 1 Qualifier Results
The World’s Strongest Man 2020 competition is now officially underway after a series of of starts and stops throughout the year leading up to this week.
The Day 1 Qualifier was meant to take place on Wednesday, November 11th, but was cancelled due to inclement weather. Due to this, today marked the bringing of the World’s Strongest Man 2020 Day 1 Qualifiers.
The scheduled rest day, which was to be this Friday, has now been removed and replaced with Day 3. Thus making this competition a four day straight event for the competitors with no break days in between.
The Day 1 qualifying stage has come to a close with five qualifier groups, containing five strongman competitors each, having completed two events.
Check out our exclusive interview with Brian Shaw (above).
World’s Strongest Man 2020 Day 1 Events
- Farmer’s carry for max distance
- All groups
- 150 kilograms (331 pounds) per hand
- Deadlift for max reps in 60 seconds
- Groups one, two, and five
- 345 kilograms (761 pounds)
- Squat for max reps in 60 seconds
- Groups three and four
- 315 kilograms (694.5 pounds)
Here are the results for the events after day one of the competition:
World’s Strongest Man 2020 Day 1 Qualifier Results
- Jerry Pritchett — 52 meters
- Robert Oberst — 38.87 meters
- Luke Richardson — 20.13 meters
- Gabriel Pena — 9.89 meters
- Patrick O’Dwyer — 7.83 meters
- Evan Singleton — 52.25 meters
- Kevin Faires — 52 meters
- Mark Felix — 42.67 meters
- Mikhail Shivlyakov — 42 meters
- Adam Bishop — 30.48 meters
- Oleksii Novikov — 57.54 meters
- Maxime Boudreault — 46.34 meters
- Tom Stoltman — 42.78 meters
- Gavin Bilton — 31.50 meters
- Trey Mitchell — 10.11 meters
- JF Caron — 48.20 meters
- Bobby Thompson — 45.59 meters
- Ervin Toots — 18.76 meters
- Graham Hicks — 7.47 meters
- Eythor Ingolfsson Melsted — 5.30 meters
- Terry Hollands — 52 meters
- Brian Shaw — 40.10 meters
- Aivars Smaukstelis — 36.56 meters
- Nick Best — 29.56 meters
- Luke Stoltman — 28.86 meters
Want to build muscle and strength like a pro?
See which supplements took home GOLD in the first annual Generation Iron Supplement Awards. Here’s a quick preview!
- Trey Mitchell — 11 reps
- Oleksii Novikov — 10 reps
- Tom Stoltman — Eight reps
- Maxime Boudreault — Seven reps
- Gavin Bilson — Zero reps (due to injury)
- JF Caron — 11 reps
- Bobby Thompson — 11 reps
- Graham Hicks — 10 reps
- Eythor Ingolfsson Melsted — Five reps
- Ervin Toots — Zero reps
- Jerry Pritchett – Nine reps
- Gabriel Pena – Eight reps
- Luke Richardson – Seven reps
- Patrick O’Dwyer – Six reps
- Robert Oberst – One rep
- Adam Bishop – Nine reps
- Mikhail Shivlyakov – Nine reps
- Mark Felix – Nine reps
- Kevin Faires – Six reps
- Evan Singleton – Four reps
- Brian Shaw – Six reps
- Terry Hollands – Six reps
- Luke Stoltman – Five reps
- Aivars Smaukstelis – Five reps
- Nick Best – One rep
Tomorrow’s day 2 qualifier will feature the last-man-standing stone off event between the second and third place finishers in each group. The last man standing for each group will earn a finals entry alongside each group winner. The finals will take place this weekend – November 14-15.
*Images courtesy of World’s Strongest Man.