A complete breakdown of the World’s Strongest Man 2021 Day Two Qualifier
After day one of the World’s Strongest Man 2021 – Brian Shaw, Tom Stoltman, and JF Carion were leading the pack with some impressive numbers. The first day also saw a number of competitors drop out due to injuries. Luke Richardson and Terry Hollands both were forced out of the event, Richardson due to a bicep injury, Hollands due to a “pretty serious” injury incurred in the Loading Medley.
Day two of the World’s Strongest Man 2021 qualifier featured only two events. Unlike the first day, the groups only competed in one event each. Despite a smaller number of events – fan favorites the Train Pull and the Fingal’s Fingers were the two events on display today.The crowd was riled up for a truly exciting spectacle of strength.
During the course of events on day two, Chris Van der Linde was confirmed to have dropped out of the competition due to an undisclosed injury. This comes after both Luke Richardson and Terry Hollands withdrew from the event previously.
World’s Strongest Man 2021 Day Two Events
- Fingal’s Fingers – Groups One, Four, and Five
- Train Pull – Groups Two and Three
With day two of the event coming to a close, here are the results and current standings.
WSM 2021 Leaderboard
*Note: official results are still pending as the train pull event is still in progress.
|4||Eythor Ingolfsson Melsted||9|
|5||Luke Richardson||2 (withdrew)|
|4||Chris van der Linde||7 (withdrew)|
|5||Adam Bishop||3 (withdrew)|
WSM 2021 Day Two Qualifier Results
Strongman athletes flip 400-660 pound poles down a 25 meter course. The athletes are scored for time in this event. Groups one, four, and five competed.
- Brian Shaw – 5 fingers in 0:40:47
- Aivars Smaukstelis – 4 fingers in 0:31:38
- Travis Ortmayer – 4 fingers in 0:31:75
- Maxime Boudreault – 4 fingers in 0:41:07
- Gavin Bilton – 4 fingers in 0:46:62
- Jerry Pritchett – 4 fingers in 0:41:00
- Konstantine Janashia – 3 fingers in 0:26:48
- Adam Bishop – 3 fingers in 0:27:20
- Chris Van Der Linde – withdrew
- Terry Hollands – withdrew
- Oleksii Novikov – 4 fingers in 0:28:44
- Luke Stoltman – 4 fingers in 0:28:92
- Bobby Thompson – 4 fingers in 0:36:25
- Kevin Faires – 4 fingers in 0:36:31
- Ervin Toots – 3 fingers in 0:29:44
Strongman athletes must pull a 50-80 ton train car down a 20 meter track. The athletes are scored for time. Groups two and three competed in this event. At the time of this writing, the event is still underway. Stay tuned for updates on the results as they become available.
- Mark Felix – 0:42:58
- Johnny Hansson – 0:35:80
- Trey Mitchell – 0:36:31
- Evan Singleton- 0:39:73
- Tom Stoltman – 0:37:83
- JF Caron – 41.19
- Mikhail Shivlyakov – 44.12
- Eythor Ingolfsson Melsted – 37:00
- Robert Oberst – 37.53
- Luke Richardson – withdrew
More to come for 2021 The World’s Strongest Man
With one more days of qualifying rounds before the two-day finals, we can expect a lot more exciting events to take place.
Day 3 – Qualifier Day 3: Thursday, June 17th
- OVERHEAD MEDLEY
- PICKAXE HOLD
- STONE OFF
Day 4 (Finals Day 1) – Finals Day 1: Saturday, June 19th
- GIANT’S MEDLEY
- TITAN’S TURNTABLE
- REIGN KEG TOSS
Day 4 (Finals Day 2) – Finals Day 2: Sunday, June 20th
- LOG LIFT
- KNAACK DEADLIFT
- ATLAS STONES
- 2021 SBD WSM AWARDS
*Photo credit: Joe Martinez / World’s Strongest Man