Wrist Curl Over Bench (Forearms) – Exercise Guide
Muscles worked: Forearms
Equipment needed: Barbell, Flat Bench
1. Place a barbell with appropriate weight on top of a flat bench.
2. Kneel down beside a flat bench so that your body is facing the flat bench.
3. Grab the barbell with a pronated (palms facing down) grip and place your forearms on the flat bench. Your wrists should be hanging over the edge.
4. You could hold the barbell with your thumbs around the bar or a monkey grip.
5. While exhaling, curl your wrists upwards as high as you can.
6. Pause and squeeze your forearms at the top of the movement. Your forearms should remain stationary throughout the exercise while your wrists do all the work.
7. Return to the starting position with a slow and controlled motion.
8. Repeat for the recommended repetitions.
Palms-Up Wrist Curl
While the palms-down version of the wrist curls works the top of your forearms, the palms-up variation works the bottom. If you don’t have access to a flat bench, you could place your forearms on the thighs as you sit on a flat surface. You can also perform the wrist curls using dumbbells.