Ab Crunch Machine (Abs) – Exercise Guide
Muscles worked: Abdominal
Equipment needed: Ab Machine
1. Sit on the ab crunch machine with your traps and shoulders placed on the backrest and your elbows bent at 90-degree with your triceps resting on the pads provided.
2. Secure your feet under the support pads and put on the weight in the machine you can lift for the recommended reps.
3. Use your abs to crunch forward and bring your elbows close to your knees without using your legs.
4. Pause, exhale and contract your abs at the bottom of the movement. While breathing in, use slow and controlled motion to return to the starting position.
5. Caution – use weights which you can lift with the right form. Lifting heavier weights than you can handle can lead to an injury.
Engage Lower Abs
You can engage your lower abs by not securing your feet under the pads and lifting them using your abs while you crunch your elbows towards the knees. Keep the range of motion small so you can establish tension on the complete abdomen.