Alternating Kettlebell Press (Shoulders) – Exercise Guide
Muscles worked: Shoulders
Equipment needed: Kettlebell
1. Clean a couple of kettlebells to your shoulders by extending through the legs and hips as you pull the kettlebells towards your shoulders.
2. Hold the kettlebells right above your shoulders. Your palms should be facing forward at the starting position.
3. While holding the left arm stationary, exhale and press the right kettlebell overhead by extending your elbow.
4. Return to the starting position while breathing in and switch to pressing the left kettlebell overhead.
5. Repeat alternating between arms for the recommended reps.
Add Constant Tension
Using cable while performing the presses can add constant tension on your shoulders throughout the movement. Stand beside a low cable pulley and hold onto a D-bar attachment. Take the same starting position as the alternate kettlebell presses.
Press the cable overhead with a slow and controlled motion while breathing out. Return to the starting position and repeat for the recommended reps on one arm before switching to the other.