Front Dumbbell Raise (Shoulders) – Exercise Guide
Muscles worked: Shoulders
Equipment needed: Dumbbells
1. Stand with an upright torso with a dumbbell in each hand extended at arm’s length.
2. Place the dumbbells in front of your quads and hold the dumbbells with pronated wrists (palms facing your thighs). Maintain a slight bend in your elbows throughout the exercise.
3. Exhale and elevate your right arm so that it is parallel to the floor. Your left arm should rest against your thighs during this part of the movement.
4. Pause and contract your shoulders at the top of the movement.
5. While breathing in, return to the starting position.
6. Repeat the movement with your left arm while the right-hand remains stationary.
7. Alternate between arms for the recommended reps.
Double Arm Front Dumbbell Raises
You could perform the exercise by raising both your arms at the same time. Tip: Use relatively lesser weights as compared to the alternate front raises to follow proper form. You could also use a barbell as a variation for the front dumbbell raises.