Front Incline Dumbbell Raise (Shoulders) – Exercise Guide
Muscles worked: Shoulders
Equipment needed: Incline Bench, Dumbbells
1. Sit on an incline bench with the bench angled at 45-60 degrees.
2. Hold a dumbbell in each hand extended at arm’s length. Grab the dumbbells with a neutral grip (palms facing each other).
3. Let your arms hang straight with a slight bend in your elbow so that they are perpendicular to the floor.
4. Exhale and elevate the arms slightly above your shoulders. Start rotating your wrists as they cross the thighs, so your wrists are pronated (facing the floor) at the top of the movement.
5. Pause and contract your shoulders at shoulder height.
6. Return to the starting position with a slow and controlled motion while breathing in.
7. Repeat for the recommended repetitions.
Hit the Shoulders from Different Angles
You can change the angle of the incline bench to hit your shoulders from different angles. Performing the exercise on a flatter bench will focus more on the anterior deltoid, and closer to the perpendicular bench angle will bring in the medial delts as well.