Front Plate Raise (Shoulders) – Exercise Guide
Muscles worked: Shoulders
Equipment needed: Weight Plate
1. Stand with an upright torso and hold a weight plate with both your hands.
2. Your palms should be facing each other as you grab the plate by placing your hands at 3 and 9 o’clock position.
3. Maintain a slight bend in your elbows as you hold the plate in front of your waist. This will be the starting position.
4. As you breathe out, elevate the plate slightly above shoulder height while maintaining a bend in your elbows.
5. Pause and contract your shoulders at the top of the movement.
6. With a slow and controlled motion, return to the starting position while breathing in.
7. Repeat for the recommended reps.
You can add resistance to your shoulders while using the same weight by changing your hand placement on the plate. Grabbing the plate at 10 and 2 o’clock position will put more tension on your shoulders as compared to the 8 and 4 o’clock hand position.