Incline Hammer Curl (Biceps) – Exercise Guide
Muscles worked: Biceps
Equipment needed: Incline Bench, Dumbbells
1. Sit on an incline bench with a dumbbell in each hand at arm’s length.
2. Extend your arms so they are perpendicular to the floor. Your palms should be facing your torso while your elbows should be pinned to the sides.
3. Exhale and curl the dumbbells to your shoulder level while maintaining the neutral grip.
4. Pause and contract your biceps at the top of the movement.
5. Lower the dumbbells to the starting position with slow and controlled motion.
6. Repeat for the recommended reps.
You can increase the isolation on the incline hammer curls by decreasing the angle of the incline bench. Going from a 90-degree (upright bench) to a 180-degree angle (flat bench) will increase the tension on your biceps.
While the incline hammer curls are primarily a bicep exercise, you can put more focus on your forearms by holding the dumbbells with a monkey grip. You could also use a thicker bar or fat grips to recruit your forearms.