MuscleTech Vapor Review
MuscleTech is a well-established brand that has grown exponentially in recent years. Due to their existing products’ popularity, they have been stagnant for some time, but now a new wave of innovative products are emerging. That means quality, well-researched products from a large brand that are pioneering the way in the nutrition space.
Vapor One is a powerful pre-workout designed to cover almost all bases with reliable doses of caffeine, creatine, beta-alanine, citrulline, and Nitrosigine. It sticks to the ingredients that have research behind them and have been shown to improve your workout.
However, although yohimbine can be a great pre-workout supplement, it is not suitable for everyone, such as those with bleeding disorders or diabetes. But for most people, it could be a great addition to their fitness routine.
Looking to buy the best?
What is Pre-Workout?
If you are new to pre-workout, then a quick introduction could be beneficial. What if you could turn up to every workout full of energy and focus? Well, that is what pre-workout is all about. It contains active ingredients such as caffeine and creatine, gives you a sharp energy boost, and gets your blood pumping. This allows you to work out harder, which means you can further push your muscles and grow them faster.
There are a lot of products on the market, and they range in effectiveness. Some can even contain dangerous levels of certain ingredients. Therefore, it is vital to go with a trusted brand, who will have done their research and made sure that everything is clinically dosed.
If you are new to pre-workout, then you may find the extra energy a bit unsettling at first, but you will quickly burn it off in your workout. Some products may leave you feeling a sharp dip in energy afterward, while others, including Vapor One, include ingredients to help combat that.
MuscleTech Vapor One has a clear and transparent ingredients list, which is something that we look out for when choosing what supplements to review. How can you recommend something if you don’t know what’s in it?
VasoPrime Pump Matrix
- L-citrulline – 4 grams. Another clinically dosed ingredient that results in bigger and better pumps.
- Nitrosigine – 1.5 grams. The clinical dose to increase blood flow and vasodilation.
- Hawthorn extract – 200 mg. Regulates blood pressure and improves heart health.
- VasoDrive-AP – 150mg. A patented ingredient derived from casein stops an enzyme called “Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme,” which causes vasoconstriction.
Cell Volumization and Performance Complex
- Beta-alanine – 3.2 grams. This is the clinical dose of beta-alanine, which buffers lactic acid and can there increase endurance.
- Creatine Monohydrate – 3 grams. A sufficient amount for creatine saturation, which will provide more energy.
- Betaine Anhydrous – 2.5 grams. The perfect dose to improve your performance, although its effects are not entirely proven.
- Taurine – 1 gram. Taurine has lots of benefits, including increased endurance and blood flow. 1g is well within the recommended dosages, which is usually 500mg-2000mg.
NeuroAmp Sensory and Focus Blend
- Caffeine Anhydrous – 350mg. People have varying degrees of tolerance to caffeine. For some, 100mg may be sufficient, and others may need 400mg. However, 350mg is on the higher end of the scale and is equivalent to around 3.5 cups of coffee. It should provide a good energy boost.
- Choline Bitartrate – 200ml and Alpha-Glyceryl Phosphoryl- 200ml. – These forms of choline are great for brain and heart health as well as your metabolism. However, these dosages are on the lower side.
- L-Theanine – Helps to prevent jitters and anxiety. Some people like that jittery feeling, but for others, this is a great addition.
- Yohimbe – 1.8mg – Increases blood flow, energy, and fat loss. Yohimbe can affect everyone differently, and some people experience increased heart rate and anxiety. However, this is a good dose for beginners to try it out.
Now for what you are here to find out, does it work? MuscleTech Vapor is a powerful pre-workout with 350 mg of caffeine; you are pretty much guaranteed to get energy from this.
When I took Vapor One, I had a lot of energy, and I performed really well in my workout. However, I hadn’t taken yohimbine in a while and felt a little jittery. It didn’t last long, and after taking it a few times, my body seemed to adjust, and my energy became more consistent throughout my workout.
The energy boost hits fairly hard within 30 -45 minutes of taking it. The energy feels clean; it is long-lasting and enjoyable. Once I had adjusted to the yohimbine, the theanine prevented me from getting too steamed out, and I was in a good mood throughout the day. Some other pre-workouts I have tried left me with a sharp energy dip that prevented me from focusing for the rest of the day, but this shouldn’t be a problem here.
I also noticed an increased pump, which was very enjoyable and probably down to the l-citrulline and Nitrosigne.
Vapor One mixes well enough. While you may get some residue on the side of your shaker, if you mix hard enough, you should be able to prevent that. There isn’t any clumping either, but there is a bit of a chalky texture.
I like that Vapor One flavors are unique when it comes to pre-workout, the overdone flavors such as fruit punch, raspberry, and watermelon become quite tiresome. Instead, they have Jujube Gummy and Rainbow Candy flavors.
I tried Rainbow Candy, which tasted good for pre-workout, which I often find is a struggle to drink. It tasted sweet and not too strong. Judging by the reviews, the Jujube Gummy flavor has a more pungent taste.
- Clinically dosed ingredients.
- Guaranteed to give you more energy.
- Unique flavors.
- Specially formulated to prevent post-workout dips.
- A good amount of caffeine.
- Several ingredients to improve blood flow and give bigger pumps.
- Contains L-Theanine to help combat the anxious feeling that some people get from pre-workout.
- Contains Beta-alanine to increase endurance.
- When taken 30-45 minutes before working out, it will improve your performance, which will mean bigger gains from your workout.
- Lower levels of choline than some other products on the market.
- High levels of caffeine and Yohimbe are not suitable for everyone.
- May leave some residue in your shaker.
Overall, I would say that this pre-workout is well worth trying. It has some great, clinically dosed ingredients that are sure to impact your performance.
Unlike other products on the market, you shouldn’t feel a sharp dip in energy, leaving you feeling good throughout the day.
You might also find this useful: