3/4 Sit-Ups (Abs) – Exercise Guide
Muscles worked: Abdominal
Equipment needed: None
1. Lie down on your back on an exercise mat or the floor. Secure your feet under the handles of dumbbells or a machine so they don’t lift off during the exercise.
2. Keep your hands at the sides or behind your head and your knees bent. You do this so you can’t use your arms to generate momentum by swinging them.
3. Contract your hips and spine to raise your torso towards your knees.
4. Your torso should be perpendicular to the floor at the top of the movement.
5. Slowly return to the starting position but go only 3/4th of the way down. Repeat for the recommended reps.
6. Exhale and squeeze your abs at the top of the movement and breathe in while going down.
7. By not touching the floor on the way down, we can keep constant tension on the abs.
If the movement feels easy or if you don’t feel tension on your abs, add resistance to the exercise by holding a weight plate or a dumbbell next to your chest.