These top rated home gyms for bodybuilding are great for providing a complete home gym in the comfort of your own home.
Going to the gym can be fun but bodybuilding from home can help build gains conveniently. And while going to a gym is essential for our gains, top rated home gyms have become increasingly popular and it’s no wonder why. Able to give us privacy and convenience by working out in the comfort of our own homes is something we all would love to have. While this luxury may seem far away for you, this list below may hold the key to unlocking those at-home gains you want most.
We’ve put together a list of the Best Home Gyms for 2021 so you have the best chance at seeing serious at-home gains. With the luxury and convenience of a gym in your home, there’s no excuse not to see that desired physique come to life.
Best Home Gyms For 2021
- Best Home Gym Overall: Force USA G9 All-In-One Trainer
- Best Bodybuilding Home Gym: Force USA G20 All In One Trainer
- Best Bowflex Home Gym: Bowflex Home Gym Series
- Best Entry Level Home Gym: Gold’s Gym XRS 50 Home Gym System
- Best Home Gym Squat Rack: Force USA MyRack Folding Power Rack
- Best Home Gym Power Rack: Force USA MyRack Modular Power Rack
- Best Home Gym Squat Stand with Pull Up: Titan Fitness X-3 Series Half Rack Conversion Kit
- Best Home Gym for Powerlifters: Titan Fitness Competition Bench And Squat Rack Combo
- Best Smart Home Gym for Lifters: Echelon Reflect Smart Connect Fitness Mirrors
- Best Home Gym For Convenience: Marcy Multifunctional Home Gym Station
Best Home Gym Overall
A great all-around home gym will provide for a complete set so you can maximize your workouts with the best attachments. While it will have many components, it will be easy to use so you never have to worry or stress about your workouts and a top rated home gym will seriously boost your gains.
Force USA G9 All-In-One Trainer
Force USA G9 is the ultimate plate loaded all-in-one trainer to capitalize on your home gym goals. Engineered to be tough, sturdy, and versatile, the options are endless to see gains. What makes this home gym so complete is that it combines a power rack, smith machine, cable pulley, chin-up station, dip station, vertical leg press, low row, and core trainer to have all the strength training machines you need in one unit. With built in storage for barbells and other weights, as well as attachments, this can help keep you organized and is a great overall home gym.
- Packed with a number of training machines in one for convenience
- Built well to be durable and stable
- The space for weights and attachments alleviates any clutter
- Premium priced option but you do get a lot included
Best Bodybuilding Home Gym
Bodybuilders and those looking to build a great physique should look to this top rated home gym for all it can offer. You want to hit every muscle group to keep symmetry while increasing strength and size and the right home gym can do that.
Force USA G20 All In One Trainer
Force USA G20 All In One Trainer offers over 400 exercises and acts as 11 different training systems in one. With 29 attachments and a convenient walk through design, you get a more than complete home gym for all your workout needs. This home gym includes dual integrated weight stacks totaling 289 lbs., a 1:1 pulley ratio, and is easy to use with plates or stack weights. For all your bodybuilding complete home gym needs, this all in one home gym is certainly a great option.
- Over 400 exercises can be performed and 29 attachments
- A compact multi-station machine with convenient walk through
- 578 lbs. total of stack weights
- Premium priced option
- Will take up a lot of space as this is a complete home gym
Best Bowflex Home Gym
Bowflex is a leading company when it comes to sports equipment and there top rated home gyms are no different. The best Bowflex home gym will prove to be very worthwhile for all your gains.
Bowflex Home Gym Series
Bowflex Home Gym Series offers 65+ full body workouts for your chest, shoulders, back, arms, and legs so all your muscle groups can be hit. A heavy duty steel frame ensures durability and longevity while also making sure this keeps its shape. Included as well are an adjustable and quick release seat with a high density foam cushion and a multiple cable pulley system to customize your workouts. With 210 lbs. of weight in the form of power rods, these can be upgraded to more weight if need be.
- 65+ exercises is great for targeting upper and lower body needs
- High-quality steel frame ensures durability and longevity
- High-density foam cushion provides comfort and the pulley system allows for customization
- Not as complete as others on the market
- Weights are in the form of power rods instead of plates for those looking for that option
Best Entry Level Home Gym
Those just starting out may be looking for a complete home gym, but know you only need select equipment to start. Once you get comfortable with it, then you can increase to the bigger top rated home gyms.
Gold’s Gym XRS 50 Home Gym System
Gold’s Gym XRS 50 Home Gym System is a combination of a chest press and fly station with a 4-roll leg developer and low pulley to hit your back. A multi-grip lat bar and vinyl seats provide comfort in terms of grip and positioning and are made of quality material for durability. With 280 lbs. of resistance, you get a full workout to target all those complete home gym needs.
- Components to this machine allow you to work upper and lower body muscles
- Designed for comfort and durability which is what you want
- Easy to use and simple to assemble
- Amount of weight seems like a lot but the increments jump up larger than normal
Best Home Gym Squat Rack
Having a squat rack is great for working both upper and lower body muscles. You get a great free weight workout from the comfort of your own home with a quality squat rack to provide the bones for a top rated home gym.
Force USA MyRack Folding Power Rack
Force USA MyRack Folding Power Rack is the first fully modular power rack that doesn’t need to be mounted to the wall. This offers more interior space and holds twice the weight to maximize your workouts. The training options are endless with ten attachments and this versatile power rack can be used for squats, bench presses, deadlifts, and much more. Durable with industrial strength construction allows for added stability to maximize safety and promote better longevity out this top home gym.
- Ten attachments offer a variety of workouts
- Industrial strength construction is great for safety and stability
- Doesn’t need to be mounted to the wall
- Innovative fold away design to save space
- Need other equipment like bench and barbells to complete this home gym
Best Home Gym Power Rack
A power rack is perfect for those looking to increase their powerlifts and lift serious weight. The right rack that can be easily adjusted is exactly what you need to round out a top rated home gym.
Force USA MyRack Modular Power Rack
Force USA MyRack Modular Power Rack is the first customizable modular rack that allows for 20 attachments including things like chin-up bars, cable crossovers, and other cable attachments. Heavy-duty steel uprights allow for reliability, durability, and stability so you can get the best workout possible. A power rack should work for all your needs and the ability to toss on attachments can work wonders for all your gains.
- Ability for 20 attachments to boost all your workouts
- Heavy-duty steel uprights are great for durability and stability
- Versatile design allows for all your workouts either bolted to the floor or freestanding
- Have to pay for the added attachments to make this a complete home gym
Best Home Gym Squat Stand with Pull Up
Finding the space to do pull-ups can be challenging. The right stand and home gym can allow you to perform pull-ups for the best benefits around.
Titan Fitness X-3 Series Half Rack Conversion Kit
Titan Fitness X-3 Series Half Rack Conversion Kit allows you to turn the squat stand into a half rack for added versatility and stability. The easy conversion allows for more weight to be stored and increases the options for a safety spotter so you can lift bigger weight for that increased strength and size. Made of heavy duty steel uprights, this ensures stability and longevity of the product and 6-inch hold spacing up the entire upright offers the best for adjusting the height of the holder.
- Easy conversion to a half rack for versatility and stability
- Heavy duty steel uprights are great for longevity and overall durability
- 6-inch hold spacing allows for great options to adjust the holder
- Need other equipment to make this a complete home gym which is an added expense
Price: $179.99-$259.99 (this depends on if weight plate holders are included or not)
Best Home Gym for Powerlifters
Powerlifters looking to boost their PRs should look no further than a great home gym. Any rack that combines the ability to perform all of those powerlifts is essential and worthwhile.
Titan Fitness Competition Bench And Squat Rack Combo
Titan Fitness Competition Bench And Squat Rack Combo allows you to sculpt your body by offering many exercises or give you the best chance at boosting your overall strength and size as a powerlifter with the ability to tackle the big three powerlifts. With an easy to remove bench, you can tackle your squat needs and the adjustable bench allows you to optimize your height for the best chance at an effective workout. Durable steel construction ensures durability and a powder coat paint job prevents rust and corrosion for increased longevity of this top of the line power rack.
Titan Fitness Competition Bench And Squat Rack Combo allows for effective upper and lower body workouts. Durable steel construction offers durability and a powder-coat paint job prevents rust and corrosion.
- Easily adjustable bench and squat hooks to tackle all workouts
- Great for powerlifters looking to increase strength and size with their powerlifts
- Durable steel construction ensures longevity and stability
- Rack height may not be as easy to adjust as with other racks
Best Smart Home Gym for Lifters
With fitness technology on the rise, a smart home gym can be a game changer. Allowing more interactive workouts, you get everything you need with a smart home gym designed for lifters.
Echelon Reflect Smart Connect Fitness Mirrors
Echelon Reflect Smart Connect Fitness Mirrors allow you to see your reflection on screen as a trainer guides you step by step to complete a great workout. A built-in camera allows you to connect to your choice of personal trainers from the comfort of your own home and delivers a multitude of training methods. While this may not be your traditional complete home gym, it certainly is one that may be the future. Easy to use, sweat proof, and a WIFI enabled touch screen display offers a fully immersive experience and a great home workout.
- Interactive way to see a trainer from your home
- Easy to use and won’t intrude on your space
- Great variety of exercises and other forms of exercise
- Not a traditional home gym where you can lift physical weight with different attachments
- You need a membership to experience a variety of workouts
Best Home Gym For Convenience
Convenience is a big deal and you want your complete home gym to be functional and out of the way. The right portable gym will be easy to use and easy to store for all your needs.
Marcy Multifunctional Home Gym Station
Marcy Multifunctional Home Gym Station is a premium steel home gym to maximize total body training. With 150 lbs. of weight stack that can be customized to any skill level, this will work to avoid the stress of loading and unloading weight plates. The dual action press arms are designed for you to perform upper body exercises easily and with convenience, along with the removeable curl pad. A convenient home gym, Marcy Multifunctional Home Gym Station is one to enjoy efficient training with an innovative structure for comprehensive and effective full body workouts.
- Well-built and a great design to maximize both upper and lower body workouts
- Great for convenience with an innovative structure
- Not as much included as some of the others
- Assembly can be quite the challenge
Benefits Of A Complete Home Gym
While many of these benefits may seem self-explanatory, it’s important to make sure we make note of them because this can be a big decision financially. Knowing just what these machines can do may just tip the scales for the decisions to buy.
Benefits of a top rated home gym include:
- Build strength and size: Of course, with a home gym, and one that offers many options for workouts, you can build strength and size in no time.
- Ultimate convenience: Having this in your home saves you time and energy of getting to the gym and dealing with the hassle that goes along with it.
- Increased privacy: While you may not be self-conscious about going to the gym, having a home gym is nice to have that added level of privacy so you can grind away.
- Good long term investment: At the end of the day, a gym membership can be costly. Also, if you buy individual equipment that can add up to so why not catapult those gains with one machine.
- Hygiene and no sharing: While we aren’t all germaphobes, having your own home gym limits the need to worry about hygiene as much as you would if you go to the gym.
What To Look For in These Top Rated Home Gyms
Knowing what to look for can really help make that decision easier when looking at a good home gym.
Key pieces included
Look at what the gym has to offer. With attachments and capabilities to do a number of exercises, make sure the one for you has everything you need to have a fun, engaging, and muscle building workout. Many of these complete home gyms offer tons of attachments so you can really get a well-rounded workout perfect for all your goals.
Quality and Durability
As a long term investment, make sure your home gym is built to last with high-quality pieces and overall durability. These top-rated home gyms are exactly what you need out of the best companies and products to ensure longevity and continued gains.
These home gyms will come in different sizes and depending on the space you have allocated for this gym, make sure it fits comfortably so it doesn’t obstruct your home. An all-in-one home gym may seem like it can cause clutter, but the right one can provide for all your gains while still being out of the way.
We go back to price. Make sure this fits in your budget but remember the benefits that come along with potentially upgrading to a slightly more expensive option. Top home gyms can obviously be expensive, but outweighing the pros and cons can help make a better decision.
How We Choose The Best Home Gyms
When looking at the best home gyms, our team knows this can be a big investment, but one worth making. While these tend to be expensive, the long term investment is something to keep in mind. Price is a major factor for us when choosing the best home gyms, but we also look at other factors that will contribute to a gym being at the top of its game. Functionality and amenities included are a huge draw, for the more a home gym can offer, the better you’ll be as you seek to build muscle and lean down. Space and convenience of the home gym is something to consider as well, for we know finding the space to have such a large machine can be challenging. If you do have the luxury of a space for this, it really is something that can truly help your fitness journey. Of course, reputability of the brand is very important to us because you deserve honesty and transparency with all your products.
FAQ Section For Top Rated Home Gyms
What is the best home gym?
Force USA G9. This is the ultimate plate loaded all-in-one trainer to capitalize on your home gym goals. Engineered to be tough, sturdy, and versatile, the options are endless to see gains. What makes this home gym so complete is that it combines a power rack, smith machine, cable pulley, chin-up station, dip station, vertical leg press, low row, and core trainer to have all the strength training machines you need in one unit.
Can I get a full body workout done on these home gyms?
Absolutely. They are designed so you can elevate your training and performance with multiple exercises while working multiple muscle groups. You can really work to get a total body pump right in the comfort of your own home.
They all look like great options! How can I choose?
They are all great options and we took the time to get the best for this list. If you are struggling with a decision, look at some easy objective factors being price and space. Then think about your goals and which gym will allow you to get the fastest results. While it will still require hard work and determination, the right gym will offer a fun way for you to get shredded.
Home gyms are a great way to boost your strength and gains while being in the comfort of your own home. The best home gyms 2021 can enhance all areas of your training by offering privacy and better hygiene, but more importantly, a space for you to work hard with ease and convenience. Check out this list above for some great home gyms and work to boost those at-home gains today.
Generation Iron may receive commissions on purchases made through our links. See our disclosure page for more information.