Dumbbell Flyes (Chest) – Exercise Guide
Muscles worked: Chest
Equipment needed: Dumbbell, Flat Bench
1. Sit on a flat bench with a dumbbell in each hand placed atop your thighs. Hold the dumbbells with a neutral (palms facing each other) grip.
2. Push the dumbbell to your shoulders height using your thighs and lie down on the flat bench. Extend your arms so that they are perpendicular to the floor.
3. Maintain a slight arch in your back and elbows throughout the exercise.
4. Take a deep breath and lower the dumbbells at your side in a wide arc until you feel a stretch in your pectoral muscles.
5. The main movement should happen at the shoulder joint while your arms remain locked at an angle.
6. Reverse the motion when your elbows drop a little lower than your chest at your sides.
7. Pause and contract your chest at the top of the movement.
8. Repeat for the recommended repetitions.
Target the Chest From Different Angles
You can use a pronated (palms facing forward) grip to target your pecs from a different angle. The pronated grip can give you a better stretch at the bottom of the movement as compared to the neutral grip.