Front Cable Raise (Shoulders) – Exercise Guide
Muscles worked: Shoulders
Equipment needed: Cable
1. Stand with an upright torso with your back against the cable pulley machine pillar.
2. With your right hand, hold onto a D-handle attachment fixed with a low cable pulley. Place your left hand on your side.
3. Grab the D-handle with pronated wrists (palms facing your thighs).
4. Place the cable attachment in front of your quads and maintain a slight bend in your elbows. This will be the starting position.
5. As you exhale, raise your right arm so that it is parallel to the floor.
6. Pause and contract your shoulders for a couple of seconds at the top of the movement.
7. Return to the starting position with a slow and controlled motion while breathing in.
8. Complete the recommended reps on your right arm and then repeat the process with your left arm.
Use a Hammer Grip
You could target your shoulders differently by holding the cable with a neutral grip (palms facing each other). For this variation, remove the D-handle attachment and grab the cable directly.