If you’re serious about building muscle, then you need to be serious about cutting back unwanted fat.
A successful weight cut means you’ll feel lean, with popping abs and a physique that would fit in with the gods of old.
But cutting is hard, and unless you dabble in the dark side of supplements (which we do not recommend) you’ll find you’ll be feeling fatigued, hangry as hell and basically wanting to destroy everything.
Cutting can be made easier though, and whilst lots of fat burners are just a load of snake oil and/or horses*it, some can provide good benefits that make that dreaded calorie deficit a ton more bearable.
If you want to get more in-depth information on fat burners – check out our handy guide breaking down the side effects and potential alternatives right here.
Here’s our latest top picks of natural fat burners…
How to Find a Good Fat Burner
Before we jump to our top 3 list, let’s quickly see what makes a great fat burner for lifters:
- Natural, safe, and clinically backed ingredients
- Visible results within 3-6 weeks of using the fat burner
- High reputation & transparency of the company
- Sustainable and long-term benefits
Other sites also review and offer ratings on fat burners, so with a simple search you can really buy confidently.
Benefits of an excellent fat burner include not only rapid fat loss, but also:
- Sharp mental focus
- Fast recovery
- Optimal hormones
1. ShredCBD by PFX Labs
ShredCBD promotes amazing support for cutting back fat and can also help kill cortisol, reduce your appetite, and promote thermogenesis. This revolutionary supplement has the potential to help you burn fat, sleep better and recover fast.
Benefits you’ll experience using ShredCBD include:
- Increased fat tissue breakdown – targets fat stores through lipolysis.
- Deep, restful sleep – wake up refreshed and ready to take on the day.
- Sustained energy support – no highs and lows, only continuous delivery of energy for lasting peak performance.
- Improved mood – handle stress and challenges better.
- Reduced appetite and food cravings – less snacking, makes dieting feel comfortable.
- Enhanced recovery – reduce soreness and push past plateaus in your training.
Once you start noticing ShredCBD’s effects, you start to realize it’s more than just a fat burner. It’s an all-around health enhancer for both men and women, amateurs and elite athletes.
Utilizing 3 powerful ingredients with cutting-edge science backing them. ShredCBD helps you shred out a lean and healthy body with the power of natural thermogenics and appetite suppressants. It also promotes lipolysis, which is the process of breakdown of fat.
ShredCBD’s ingredients include:
- CBD – This ingredient saw an explosion in popularity after research confirmed its powerful performance & fat loss benefits. CBD is a safe and legal compound that naturally occurs in hemp. It enhances your recovery, promotes sleep, and most notably, stimulates your body to tap into its fat stores. It also improves your focus, and there are none of those THC side effects. CBD is a completely different compound which won’t make you high, instead, it will only make you perform better in your day to day life. (1, 2)
- Garcina Cambogia – Garcina is one of the best natural appetite suppressants out there. It works by increasing your serotonin levels in the brain, which leads to elevated mood. What this also does, is it reduces your appetite and hunger for food.(3)
- Green Tea Extract – This is a potent thermogenic that heats up your body from the inside. This process increases your metabolic rate. Not only that, green tea extract provides you with the antioxidants essential for a robust immune system and good overall health. (4)
With one daily serving of 2 capsules, you can take it whenever you prefer. As we’ve said, it has no stimulants so you can even dose it at night if you want. The whole bottle has 60 capsules, so it will last you 2 months.
Don’t get us wrong though – no supplement out there is perfect, this includes ShredCBD. There are a few downsides we noticed while testing it.
The most apparent one is that you can only get it inside of the USA. If you’re from abroad, then you’ll either have to move there or ask someone to send it to you. Or scroll down for option number two.
Another potential drawback is that you can only buy ShredCBD on its official site.
ShredCBD uses a great formula and offers ok value for money when compared to other fat burners & performance supplements.
ShredCBD is a premium product, which also comes with a premium price tag, annoying, but you get a no bullsh*t fat loss guide and free shipping with every order.
2. Sculpt by Cutler Nutrition
Launched by the legendary 4-time Mr. Olympia Jay Cutler. Sculpt is a fat loss supplement intended to help you carve out a ripped and aesthetic physique. It works by enhancing thermogenesis, a process which heats up your body. With over 250mg of caffeine per serving, this fat burner will make you sweat. (5)
Sculpt claims to help you:
- Raise focus and energy levels – workout harder for longer.
- Increase thermogenesis – keep your metabolism working harder.
Besides caffeine, we also have some well-known ingredients such as:
- Cayenne Pepper
L-Carnitine was long believed to help with fat loss. However, current evidence shows that it may not be so effective as once thought. (6, 7) Your body naturally produces carnitine which makes supplementation unnecessary in most cases.
Theomobrine and cayenne are great ingredients, though. They will help you with your workouts and improve your results. (8, 9)
Besides these fat burners, we also have a few brain-boosting compounds, such as L-Theanine and Whole Coffee Extract, which comes at 100mg per serving.
In terms of its downsides, the total caffeine dosage in Cutler Nutrition Sculpt pushes the safe limit slightly for us. With 250mg of caffeine already in the product, an extra 100mg of the whole coffee extract could be too much. Especially if you haven’t dabbled with stimulants before.
To conclude, we feel that Sculpt by Cutler Nutrition is a great product. It offers more than just helping you get that six-pack – boosting your mental focus and energy to help with your workouts. The high caffeine dosage might deter sensitive users, but other than that, it definitely deserves the 2nd place among the best fat burners for bodybuilders.
3. Vintage Burn by Old School Labs
Vintage Burn by Old School Labs is an all-natural fat burner. It uses safe and tested ingredients to help you maximize your workouts, fat loss, and lean gains. It has no proprietary blends, which means you see what you’re paying for.
Using green tea extract, raspberry ketones, bacopa extract, caffeine, garcinia, and forskohlii. Vintage Burn will not only keep your sugar cravings at bay but will also induce thermogenesis and enhance your metabolic rate. (11, 12)
Vintage Burn aims to help you:
- Control appetite
- Speed up your resting metabolic rate
- Support your body’s natural fat-burning effects
The dosages are high enough for the ingredients to work, yet at the same time, they’re perfectly safe and free of side effects.
It’s not as strong as the two of the above fat burners, but it gets the job done. You can look at Vintage Burn as a Jack of all trades; it will give you a little bit of everything.
For some people, the biggest downside will be the price. Retailing at around $50 per bottle, it might not be the cheapest supplement out there! But we feel the quality of its ingredients is worth it.
Overall though, it’s a great supplement, and no matter what your goal is, you can’t really go wrong with it. Plus the name just sounds awesome!
A few other fat burners you can check out…
4. GAT Nitraflex Burn
GAT was designed for the hardcore lifters who are looking to put on muscle and lose the extra body fat. The ingredients are typical of an effective weight loss supplement with a few additions…
Resveratrol and N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine (NALT) are the ingredients which stand out in Nitraflex Burn. The former has plenty of great benefits including anti-inflammatory, cardioprotective, neuroprotective, and antiviral properties. (12)
NALT is added for mental alertness and focus. A study showed that L-Tyrosine may improve mood and reduce the effect of psychosocial stressors. (13)
Other common and beneficial ingredients added are green tea extract and cayenne pepper.
5. Jacked Factory Burn-XT
We’ve covered most of the ingredients that you’ll find in Burn-XT. And they’ve shown to be beneficial for their intended purpose, so you can’t go wrong with a quality product from a great company like Jacked Factory.
This fat loss aid contains 700mg Acetyl-L-Carnitine HCI, 450mg of green tea leaf extract, 270mg of caffeine anhydrous, 50mg Capsimax (Cayenne pepper fruit extract) and Bioperine (Black pepper fruit extract) which is a bioavailability enhancer.
- Cannabidiol promotes browning in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. (source)
- The effects of leptin in combination with a cannabinoid receptor 1 antagonist, AM 251, or cannabidiol on food intake and body weight in rats fed a high-fat or a free-choice high sugar diet. (source)
- Updates on Antiobesity Effect of Garcinia Origin (−)-HCA. (source)
- Green tea extract thermogenesis-induced weight loss by epigallocatechin gallate inhibition of catechol-O-methyltransferase. (source)
- The effects of caffeine intake on weight loss: a systematic review and dos-response meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. (source)
- The effect of (L-)carnitine on weight loss in adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. (source)
- L-Carnitine. (source)
- Dietary capsaicin and its anti-obesity potency: from mechanism to clinical implications. (source)
- Theobromine rich cocoa powder induces weight loss and changes in lipid profile of obese Wistar rats. (source)
- Eight weeks of supplementation with a multi-ingredient weight loss product enhances body composition, reduces hip and waist girth, and increases energy levels in overweight men and women. (source)
- An optimized dose of raspberry ketones controls hyperlipidemia and insulin resistance in male obese rats: Effect on adipose tissue expression of adipocytokines and Aquaporin 7. (source)
- “Resveratrol”. Linus Pauling Institute. April 29, 2014.
- Young, Simon N. (2007-5). “L-Tyrosine to alleviate the effects of stress?”. Journal of Psychiatry & Neuroscience. 32 (3): 224. ISSN 1180-4882. PMC 1863555. PMID 17476368.