These resistance bands are perfect for home workouts to boost strength and mobility for your bodybuilding goals.
If you’ve ever trained for strength sports, you’re probably familiar with resistance band. Resistance bands are an essential for anyone serious about maximizing gains, since they really increase the amount of resistance you have to overcome to finish a certain exercise. If you’ve recently sustained an injury, or are looking to get back into working out after some time away, resistance bands are also really helpful to re-acclimate your body to the intensity of working out in a safe way. With a million uses and counting, resistance bands are definitely a cheap, easy, and smart way to take your workout to the next level whether upper or lower body.
Resistance bands have long been thought of as tools for a solid warmup or for rehabbing a recovering or sore muscle. But resistance bands offer way more benefits than just warming up. With simple changes in your workout regimen, resistance bands can make great improvements to your gains and offer challenging and fun workouts that you can do alone or with a partner to keep you as engaged as possible during those grueling at home workouts of different levels.
We’ve put together a list of the Best Resistance Bands for 2021 to really boost your home workouts and bodybuilding goals. When it comes to strength and mobility, look no further than these great bands to boost all areas of your growth and development.
Best Resistance Bands For 2021
- Best Resistance Bands Overall: Serious Steel Fitness 32’’ Resistance Training Bands
- Best Tube Resistance Bands: Serious Steel Resistance Tube Band Set
- Best Resistance Bands For Home Muscle Building: HPYGN Resistance Bands Set
- Best Resistance Bands For Leg Exercises: DaHeng Resistance Bands
- Best Resistance Bands For Heavy Resistance: Gymreapers Resistance Bands
- Best Hip Circle Resistance Bands: Sling Shot Mark Bell Hip Circle Resistance Bands
Best Resistance Bands Overall
When looking for the best resistance band overall, you want a quality set that will last a while and be of high quality. Able to help cover all your bases will also be very helpful when it comes to your home workouts and bodybuilding goals, including mobility work.
Serious Steel Fitness 32’’ Resistance Training Bands
Serious Steel Fitness 32’’ Resistance Training Bands offer next level resistance training to improve your overall strength and mobility goals. These bands range from 2 lbs. to 200 lbs. and are made from 15 layers of continuous latex. Portable and functional, you can take these anywhere be it at home or in the gym. Offering 32’’ and a high quality resistance band, Serious Steel has done a great job with this product so you can maintain tension and have a full range of motion throughout your entire workout.
Serious Steel Fitness 32’’ Resistance Training Bands are perfect for strength training and mobility goals. Ranging from 2-200lbs., these bands are portable, functional, and high quality.
- Great for resistance training to improve strength and mobility work
- Maintain tension and improve range of motion for the entire workout
- Offer a great range from 2 lbs. to 200 lbs.
- If using around certain objects that are sharp, you need a band guard to protect these bands
Click for our individual review!
Best Tube Resistance Bands
Tube bands are a helpful type of band for training and having the best bands all around can greatly affect your gains. These are great for strength training, as well as rehab.
Serious Steel Resistance Tube Band Set
Serious Steel Resistance Tube Band Set is a great way to add resistance to your strength training with bands ranging from 10lbs. to 30lbs. in 5lbs. increments. Perfect for all experience levels, these tube bands offer a great way to train and are simple and convenient to use at home or on the road. Included in this set from Serious Steel are five bands, 2 handles, 2 ankle straps, one door anchor, and one carrying bag. Use this set as a complementary tool and watch your gains grow exponentially.
- Complete set of bands, handles, ankle straps, and other accessories
- Resistance ranges from 10-30lbs.
- From a reputable company in Serious Steel
- Some durability issues with the overall quality and longevity of the product
Best Resistance Bands For Home Muscle Building
When looking to build muscle, it is important to focus on those bands that can help get you there. Your gains don’t have to stop at home and with the right set, your muscle building goals can be easily achieved.
HPYGN Resistance Bands Set
This upgraded resistance bands set from HPYGN is designed to optimize all your fitness needs with better quality bands and more selective accessories. With five different levels of bands, ranging from 10 lbs. to 50 lbs., any combination can be used to enhance your gains. Also included are two hand grips, 2 ankle straps, 1 door anchor, and a carry bag. Perfect for muscle training and fat burning, these bands can help build many muscle groups while working to give you that great aesthetic. Durable, portable, and versatile, this set is perfect for your resistance training at home or at the gym.
- Great resistance for strength training
- The door anchor is helpful
- Quality bands that are versatile and reliable
- Durability is an issue, especially with the lighter bands
- Tubes are thin and don’t feel as secure as they could be
Best Resistance Bands For Leg Exercises
While resistance bands can greatly influence all sorts of exercises, having a quality set to optimize leg day can be incredibly beneficial. With the right set, you never have to worry about those chicken legs again.
DaHeng Resistance Bands
DaHeng brings this exercise set great for resistance training, especially when it comes to leg exercises. Five bands are included ranging from 10 lbs. to 50 lbs. and all can be stacked for any combination. This set can help sculpt and build muscle for an intense workout, but the ankle straps and door attachment are great for giving those legs a good burn. Perfect for athletes of all experience levels, this set is convenient and affordable for muscle growth, fat burn, improving flexibility and mobility, and more confidence. With this set from DaHeng, you will start to see great results.
- These bands have two ankle straps great for upper body or lower body workouts
- They are pretty sturdy for durability and long term use
- Low price point makes them great for at-home workouts to perform better
- Using all the bands at once may cause too much strain which can lead to them snapping
- Together, the weight seems more like 100 lbs. as opposed to the advertised 150 lbs.
Best Resistance Bands For Heavy Resistance
A common myth is that you can’t get a lot of resistance from bands. With the right set, you can achieve heavy resistance to increase time under tension and really see a boost in muscle growth to get the most out of resistance bands for bodybuilding.
Gymreapers Resistance Bands
Gymreapers Resistance Bands are versatile and work well with customized resistance training either at home or in the gym. These pull-up bands are perfect for assisting the pull-up exercise, as well as others like squats, bench press, and many more. Portable and lightweight, these are perfect for recovery, strength training, and conditioning and allow you to tone and tighten any muscle group. Being 41’’ in length, you can work on maximum resistance with the option to choose from five-color-coded latex bands.
- Great for recovery, strength training, and conditioning
- 41’’ allows for max time under tension and optimal range of motion
- Portable and lightweight to be used anywhere
- Premium priced option compared to others
Best Hip Circle Resistance Bands
Smaller bands can be great for warming up and rehab, but also for exercises if need be and resistance bands for joints can greatly help with mobility. The right hip circle bands can ensure quality and durability without having to worry about poor gains.
Sling Shot Mark Bell Hip Circle Resistance Bands
Sling Shot Mark Bell Hip Circle Resistance Bands are great for beginners or professionals and can improve your fitness goals no matter the level you’re at. A multi-use tool, these bands allow for bodyweight exercises, flexibility, mobility, and strength training and can be used anywhere so those gains never stop. These bands are designed for comfort and will not pinch, irritate, roll up, or snap on skin yet are compact and portable for easy carry and use. Being 3’’ wide and made from premium quality material, you can ensure a quality band for all your home workout needs.
Sling Shot Mark Bell Hip Circle Resistance Bands work well for all experience levels when it comes to bodyweight exercises, flexibility, and strength training. Being 3'' wide and made of premium quality, these ensure durability and longevity.
- 3’’ wide and made from quality material
- Designed for comfort for no pinching or rolling up
- Great for bodyweight exercises, flexibility, mobility, and strength training
- Band could be a little wider for better use
- May be harder to use than typical latex bands
Benefits Of Resistance Bands
Resistance bands have the potential to seriously increase strength and size and greatly affect all areas of your home workouts and resistance bands for bodybuilding can also help you hit your goals. When it comes to improving strength and mobility, having the right workout equipment can work wonders and really be great fitness aids.
Good resistance bands will:
- Provide for a solid warmup: Really prime your muscles, get your blood flowing, and increase your heart rate for maximum performance during those gym or home workouts.
- Build muscle: By working on mind-muscle connection and increasing strength and size to not only see growth and definition but also enhanced lifts (1).
- Improve range of motion: By working often times overlooked muscles who seek attention and creating a solid and stable platform to perform big lifts as well as increase flexibility and mobility (2) with resistance bands for joints.
- Build mind-muscle connection: See effective gains and allow you to focus on form over total amount of weight (3).
Types Of Bands
With many options for bands on the market, the choices allow for more diversity in your workouts and better options overall. The heavy-duty resistance bands are a great choice, and arguably the best option, because they can be used for all aspects of the workout. From a pre-workout stretch, to a supplemental aid during, and that post-workout recovery, the heavy-duty resistance bands offer versatility and comfort to see big gains. Other types of bands include the tube resistance bands, which are a similar premise but with handles, and the light resistance bands, which are great for therapy (4,5).
How We Choose
When looking at the best resistance bands, we look at a few factors to bring you only best products around. We look at the reputation of the company and the brand because you deserve to have an honest and transparent company working on your behalf. The quality of the band and the material used will ensure durability and so you get only the best when it comes to your band and home workouts. We lastly look at price because workout equipment can be very expensive but it is possible to find great products at an affordable price.
What are the best resistance bands?
Serious Steel Fitness 32’’ Resistance Training Bands. Serious Steel Fitness 32’’ Resistance Training Bands offer next level resistance training to improve your overall strength and mobility goals. These bands range from 2 lbs. to 200 lbs. and are made from 15 layers of continuous latex.
What is the best way to use resistance bands?
When using resistance bands for bodybuilding and strength, there are many ways to use them. Bands can be great for warming up and recovery before and after your workout. For those who want to use them during the workout, resistance bands can also be great training aids to provide added resistance and a quality workout.
Does it matter if I’m a beginner or not?
There are resistance bands for people of all levels that can greatly benefit your home workouts. Whether you are a beginner or someone more experienced, the right bands exist so you can capitalize on all your goals with a great workout product.
Resistance bands for bodybuilding are great tools to use for your at home workouts or on the go needs. This list is sure to offer some really nice options for you to see big gains and really develop definition. By working to build overall muscle as well as strength and size, resistance bands prioritize form and technique over sheer quantity and amount of weight. The real benefit to this is that you build mind-muscle connection, build toned definition, and feel a great workout and calorie burn without having to suffer at the gym. All can be done at the comfort of your own home. These resistances bands above are really nice options to either get you started if you are a beginner, take you to the next level if you are in the middle, or really elevate performance if your are more experienced. As great workout tools, resistance bands should never be an overlooked piece of equipment. Check out our list and see what resistance bands can do for you!
Generation Iron may receive commissions on purchases made through our links. See our disclosure page for more information.
- Dayne, Andrea; Nuzzo, James, L.; McBride, Jeffrey M.; Burr, Alan; Triplett, N. (2010). “Power Output In The Jump Squat In Adolescent Male Athletes”. (source)
- McMahon, Gerard E.; Morse, Christopher I.; Burden, Adrian; Winwood, Keith; Onambele, Gladys L. (2014). “Impact of range of motion during ecologically valid resistance training protocols on muscle size, subcutaneous fat, and strength”. (source)
- Calatayud, J.; Vinstrup, J.; Jakobsen, M.; Sundstrup, E. (2016). “Importance of mind-muscle connection during progressive resistance training”. (source)
- Iversen, V. M.; Vasseljen, O.; Mork, P. J.; Gismervik, S.; et al. (2018). “Resistance band training or general exercise in multidisciplinary rehabilitation of low back pain? A randomized trial”. (source)
- Lopes, J.; Machado, A.; Micheletti, J.; Almeida, A.; et al. (2019). “Effects of training with elastic resistance versus conventional resistance on muscular strength: A systematic review and meta-analysis”. (source)