Everything you need to know about Myprotein THE Thermo-X
If you’re struggling to lose body fat and are eating healthy and exercising, you may want to look into a quality fat burner. Reaching a weight loss plateau and struggling to lose stubborn body fat is a nuisance but typical.
Combining an effective strength training program with moderate cardio and a proper nutrition plan is the best way to burn fat. But sometimes, you need an edge to burn additional body fat if you have reached a plateau, can’t get rid of stubborn belly fat, or want to speed up the process. That’s where fat burners come in. Fat burners aren’t a magic pill for weight loss, but a quality one will help you burn fat.
The right fat burner has caffeine to boost workout performance and speed up your metabolism, along with other beneficial ingredients that support weight management and increase focus and energy for better workouts. This article will dive deep into the premium fat burner Myprotein THE Thermo-X to see if it’s worth taking.
- A quality fat burner will help you burn stubborn body fat and speed up the fat-burning process.
- Myprotein THE Thermo-X has the potent combination of caffeine and theacrine to increase your energy for explosive workouts and to speed up your metabolism.
- This supplement has additional beneficial ingredients for weight loss, such as CapsiMax, which contains the herb capsicum from red hot peppers, which research supports boosts your metabolism.
What’s a Fat Burner?
Fat burners, as the name implies, are supplements that contain ingredients to help you burn fat. These products contain natural or artificial ingredients to increase your resting metabolic rate. Since you’ll burn more calories at rest, you’ll slim down and lose weight. Of course, assuming the fat burner has quality ingredients.
Components of a Good Fat Burner
Caffeine is a must in fat burners. That’s because caffeine stimulates your nervous system and puts you in a thermogenic state–generating more heat and energy from food digestion–to help you burn calories. Caffeine also blunts your appetite, so naturally, you’ll consume fewer calories. Plus, caffeine will also give you a boost in energy and mental focus to increase your workout performance.
A quality fat burner will also contain other beneficial fat-burner ingredients, such as capsicum and Bioperine. CapsiMax is a form of capsicum from hot red peppers that supports weight loss. And Bioperine, a black pepper extract that increases nutrient absorption.
Fat burners must also have other components that increase your physical performance, cognitive ability, and energy, so you can crush your workouts to burn more calories. So other beneficial ingredients a good fat burner would contain include theacrine and Rhodiola.
THE Thermo-X Highlights
THE Thermo-X is produced by Myprotein, which only puts on the market premium supplements, such as Myprotein Impact Whey Protein. This supplement is formulated with the proper dosage of caffeine. And it contains CapsiMax to support weight management, thermogenesis, and lipolysis (breakdown of fats).
THE Thermo-X separates itself from other fat burners because it’s blended with ingredients that also increase your focus and energy, which are critical to getting an effective workout to burn body fat. Furthermore, it contains the active ingredient theacrine, which works synergistically with caffeine to boost energy levels without the side effects of too much caffeine, such as anxiety and jitteriness.
Ingredients to Burn Fat and Increase Focus
THE Thermo-X contains many ingredients that control your weight and increase your mental alertness.
- Caffeine: Caffeine speeds up your metabolism and increases workout performance (1).
- Theacrine: A patented form of theacrine that works synergistically with caffeine. And it may boost cognitive and physical performance since it affects adenosine signaling (2).
- Alpha-GPC: This is a cholinergic compound that increases levels of acetylcholine in your brain to boost cognitive ability and explosive performance (3).
- Rhodiola: Rhodiola is an adaptogenic herb that may prevent fatigue (4).
- CapsiMax: A patented form of capsicum, a derivative of hot red peppers that help you lose weight (5).
- 5-HTP: This is from a West African shrub seed that boosts serotonin, a neurotransmitter that helps regulate your appetite and mood (6).
- Theobromine: This ingredient in cocoa is similar to caffeine and increases your focus and alertness (7).
- Bioperine: BioPerine is a patented form of black pepper extract which increases nutrient absorption. Of course, the more nutrients you absorb, the more effective they are. So this ingredient can help the other components work better (8).
Featured Fat Burner: Myprotein THE Thermo-X
Many fat burners are out there, but we recommend Myprotein THE Thermo-X. This supplement has the proper dosage of caffeine and other cognitive and physical performance ingredients like theacrine to ensure you get the most effective workout possible to boost fat loss. Plus, caffeine boosts your metabolism, so it makes weight loss effortless. But because caffeine and theacrine work synergistically, this fat burner gives you all the benefits of caffeine without the negative side effect that a supplement with too much caffeine may have. Also, it contains other beneficial ingredients specific to weight management, such as CapsiMax.
THE Thermo-X Nutrition (Per Serving)
- Caffeine: 100mg
- Theobromine: 200mg
- Theacrine: 125mg
- Alpha-GPC: 100mg
- Rhodiola: 65mg
- CapsiMax: 50mg
- 5-HTP: 50mg
- Bioperine: 2.5mg
How to Best Use Myprotein THE Thermo-X
Myprotein recommends taking one capsule of THE Thermo-X daily with 8oz of water for the first week to see your tolerance level. And if your body is tolerable, increase the dosage to two capsules daily. They also recommend not to exceed four tablets in 24 hours.
Myprotein THE Thermo-X has everything a quality fat burner should have with additional benefits. This supplement has caffeine to speed up your metabolism and boost workout performance. But it has theacrine, which acts similarly to caffeine to offset the potential side effects of consuming too much caffeine. And it also has the potent herb from red hot pepper, capsicum, to support weight loss. Overall, it’s a premium fat burner that will help you lose weight and boost physical performance and cognitive ability.
Generation Iron may receive commissions on purchases made through our links. See our disclosure page for more information.
- Doherty, M., & Smith, P. M. (2005). Effects of caffeine ingestion on rating of perceived exertion during and after exercise: a meta-analysis. Scandinavian journal of medicine & science in sports, 15(2), 69–78. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0838.2005.00445.x
- Kuhman, D. J., Joyner, K. J., & Bloomer, R. J. (2015). Cognitive Performance and Mood Following Ingestion of a Theacrine-Containing Dietary Supplement, Caffeine, or Placebo by Young Men and Women. Nutrients, 7(11), 9618–9632. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu7115484
- Bellar, D., LeBlanc, N. R., & Campbell, B. (2015). The effect of 6 days of alpha glycerylphosphorylcholine on isometric strength. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 12, 42. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12970-015-0103-x
- Ishaque, S., Shamseer, L., Bukutu, C., & Vohra, S. (2012). Rhodiola rosea for physical and mental fatigue: a systematic review. BMC complementary and alternative medicine, 12, 70. https://doi.org/10.1186/1472-6882-12-70
- Rogers, J., Urbina, S. L., Taylor, L. W., Wilborn, C. D., Purpura, M., Jäger, R., & Juturu, V. (2018). Capsaicinoids supplementation decreases percent body fat and fat mass: adjustment using covariates in a post hoc analysis. BMC obesity, 5, 22. https://doi.org/10.1186/s40608-018-0197-1
- Halford, J. C., Harrold, J. A., Boyland, E. J., Lawton, C. L., & Blundell, J. E. (2007). Serotonergic drugs : effects on appetite expression and use for the treatment of obesity. Drugs, 67(1), 27–55. https://doi.org/10.2165/00003495-200767010-00004
- Martínez-Pinilla, E., Oñatibia-Astibia, A., & Franco, R. (2015). The relevance of theobromine for the beneficial effects of cocoa consumption. Frontiers in pharmacology, 6, 30. https://doi.org/10.3389/fphar.2015.00030
- Fernández-Lázaro, D., Mielgo-Ayuso, J., Córdova Martínez, A., & Seco-Calvo, J. (2020). Iron and Physical Activity: Bioavailability Enhancers, Properties of Black Pepper (Bioperine®) and Potential Applications. Nutrients, 12(6), 1886. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu12061886