Learn why CBD sleep gummies before bed will optimize your sleep and help you gain muscle and lose body fat.
Sleep is imperative to anyone’s fitness and bodybuilding goals. Arguably, sleep is the most critical part of your health. And not getting enough sleep will make gaining muscle and losing body fat impossible. But sleep conditions, such as insomnia, are widespread, and, unfortunately, many people have to suffer from sleep issues routinely. However, one natural herb is promising for its effectiveness in improving your sleep quality, so you can continue to make the gains in the gym you want. This herb is cannabidiol (CBD)–specifically CBD sleep gummies.
CBD is widespread these days, but many people wonder what it is, what it does, and how effective it is. CBD advertised for its health benefits is relatively new, so some people are skeptical if it works and of its potential side effects. Furthermore, it often gets confused with its cannabis cousin, THC, which causes a high that many users would like to avoid.
THC can be an effective remedy for improving your sleep, but what if you don’t want to experience the mind-altering effects it causes? Well, CBD can vastly improve your sleep without any psychoactive effects.
CBD is found in the cannabis plant Cannabis sativa. THC is another cannabidiol found in cannabis, except it’s known for the psychoactive sensation of getting high. However, CBD isn’t psychoactive, which makes it alluring to people who want to receive the benefits cannabis offers without mind-altering effects.
There are various ways to consume CBD, including oil extract, topicals, vapes, tinctures, and gummies (edibles). This article will cover how CBD can improve your sleep and provide other benefits, such as pain relief. We’ll also cover the different ways to consume CBD and why you should take CBD gummies before bed.
Benefits of CBD
CBD has many benefits, including pain relief, decreased stress and anxiety, and better sleep. It has similar benefits to its hemp brother THC, except without all the psychoactive effects THC causes.
- Better Sleep: This 2019 study found that CBD can be effective in improving your sleep (1).
- Less Anxiety: Taking 300 mg of CBD can significantly reduce your anxiety levels (2).
- Pain Relief: Studies have shown that CBD affects your endocannabinoid (regulates pain) receptor activity to reduce chronic pain (3).
- Reduce Muscle Soreness: CBD may also be effective at reducing muscle soreness after a workout or sporting event.
Besides the high many marijuana users experience, many other alternatives such as pharmaceutical drugs have side effects, including fatigue, insomnia, and sexual dysfunction. Comparatively, CBD has minimal side effects–although, some users report dry mouth, diarrhea, reduced appetite, and drowsiness.
How to Take
You can consume CBD in various ways, including CBD gummies, CBD oil, and CBD topicals. Below we’ll dive into the differences between different CBD consumptions and the pros and cons.
- Gummies (Edible): If you have a sweet tooth, you’ll want to consume CBD via gummies. That’s because gummies come in different flavors and taste good. However, CBD gummies must go through your digestive system since they’re taken orally, so they won’t be as fast-acting as other methods.
- Oil: CBD oils have to go through your digestive system, too, although you can put them underneath your tongue, allowing them to travel through your system faster. That’s because we have tiny blood vessels in our tongues. Also, oils can be consumed through your favorite beverage (tinctures), including coffee and tea, and you can even make a CBD cocktail.
- Topicals: Topicals are best suited post-workout since they’ll penetrate your skin faster than edibles and help with post-workout recovery immediately. CBD topical cream gives you a cooling sensation on your skin and helps relieve muscle pain better since it’s applied directly over your muscles.
- Vapes: You can also consume CBD via smoking. This is the fastest-acting since it immediately travels through your lungs and bloodstream. However, many experts question the safety of smoking CBD.
Why CBD Sleep Gummies Are Necessary
Of course, insomnia and other sleep disorders are prevalent conditions many people face. And since CBD has been shown to relax you (vital for sleep), it’s an effective natural remedy to improve your sleep. So sleep CBD is necessary because it will aid you in getting optimal sleep, which is paramount for anyone’s fitness and bodybuilding success.
Sleeping is essential for muscle-building, fat loss, and general health. Your fitness goals will suffer if you aren’t getting enough quality sleep. In addition, your gains from working out don’t happen while working out; they happen while you recover. And sleep is an essential part of the recovery process.
One crucial hormone sleep has a significant impact on is testosterone. Testosterone is responsible for many functions, including muscle growth, libido, energy levels, and mood. A study of young men concluded that just five hours of sleep decreases testosterone by 10-15% (4).
Featured CBD Sleep Gummies
There are a variety of CBD products available, but we want to show you a high-quality product that is a sure-fire supplement to give you a restful night’s sleep. The CBD gummy below will relax you before bed, help you fall asleep, help you stay asleep, and improve the quality of your sleep. Not only is it formulated with premium hemp, but it also contains other sleep aids such as melatonin and lemon balm.
This CBD gummy below will relax you before bed, help you fall asleep, help you stay asleep, and improve the quality of your sleep. Not only is it formulated with premium hemp, but it also contains other sleep aids such as melatonin and lemon balm.
Level Select CBD gummy is blended with:
- 750mg (25mg per serving) of CBD
- 3mg per serving of melatonin
- 15mg per serving of lemon balm
This combination of ingredients is the perfect fusion for relaxation. The CBD is calming; the melatonin will promote rest, and the lemon balm produces a tranquil effect. In addition, you’ll get a tasty berry flavor of 60 gummies–it’s two gummies per serving, so it has a total of 30 servings.
Do CBD Sleep Gummies Work?
Evidence proves that CBD effectively provides many health benefits, including promoting high-quality, restful sleep. And gummies are an excellent way to consume them, especially if you want something palatable. Level Select CBD only derives CBD from top hemp and uses high-quality supporting ingredients, such as melatonin and lemon balm.
*Note: Take CBD gummies about one hour before bed for its full effects to kick in.
CBD is derived from hemp, but it doesn’t give you the psychoactive effects THC does. Instead, it may supply you with various health benefits, including high-quality sleep, less anxiety, and pain relief. Level Select CBD gummies are our product of choice for a restful night’s sleep. This supplement has the perfect blend of CBD, melatonin, and lemon balm for a good night’s rest. In addition, the ingredients in Level Select CBD will promote relaxation and help you fall asleep and stay asleep.
Generation Iron may receive commissions on purchases made through our links. See our disclosure page for more information.
- Shannon, S., Lewis, N., Lee, H., & Hughes, S. (2019). Cannabidiol in Anxiety and Sleep: A Large Case Series. The Permanente journal, 23, 18–041. https://doi.org/10.7812/TPP/18-041
- Linares, I. M., Zuardi, A. W., Pereira, L. C., Queiroz, R. H., Mechoulam, R., Guimarães, F. S., & Crippa, J. A. (2019). Cannabidiol presents an inverted U-shaped dose-response curve in a simulated public speaking test. Revista brasileira de psiquiatria (Sao Paulo, Brazil : 1999), 41(1), 9–14. https://doi.org/10.1590/1516-4446-2017-0015
- Darkovska-Serafimovska, M., Serafimovska, T., Arsova-Sarafinovska, Z., Stefanoski, S., Keskovski, Z., & Balkanov, T. (2018). Pharmacotherapeutic considerations for use of cannabinoids to relieve pain in patients with malignant diseases. Journal of pain research, 11, 837–842. https://doi.org/10.2147/JPR.S160556
- 4. University of Chicago Medical Center. (2011, June 1). Sleep loss dramatically lowers testosterone in healthy young men. ScienceDaily. Retrieved June 12, 2022 from www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/05/110531162142.htm