These E-books are great for gaining knowledge and guiding you through training for the best results.
E-books are a great resource for you can download onto your computer or other devices and read wherever and whenever you want to. This is huge for you never stop learning. These bodybuilding E-books can be written by bodybuilders, trainers, coaches, and health and fitness experts, so you get a broad range of viewpoints about each topic. From there you can form your own ideas, take notes from the pros, and really make your workouts and routines something pretty great.
We’ve put together a list of the Best E-Books for 2021 so you can start to build your library of fitness knowledge to see those gains start to grow. From training, to preparation, and much more, these books will allow you to see your training in a new light so when performance time comes around, you’re more than ready.
Best E-Books For 2021
- Best E-Book For Bodybuilding Overall: Dorian Yates Training Journal E-Book
- Best E-Book For All Athletes: The New Encyclopedia Of Modern Bodybuilding
- Best E-Book For Strength & Size: Bigger Leaner Stronger: The Simple Science Of Building The Ultimate Male Body
- Best E-Book For Bodybuilding Contest Prep: Bodybuilding: The Complete Contest Preparation Handbook
- Best E-Book For Barbell Training: Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training
Best E-Book For Bodybuilding Overall
The best E-book overall for bodybuilding will include top tips on how to succeed in the sport while also offering great workout advice so you can see those gains you want most.
Dorian Yates Training Journal E-Book by Dorian Yates
This training journal from Dorian Yates describes in rigorous and great detail his training throughout his entire bodybuilding career. The pages are Yates’ own words and actual writing as he trained to become one of the greatest bodybuilders in the modern era. This is the first time ever that Yates’ journal has been published and details select passages over the course of five years, from 1985 to 1990. A true testament to detail, this E-book shows aspiring bodybuilders how to take effective notes to maximize your training, stay on top of your workouts and nutrition to continue seeing great progress, and how to set goals for yourself so they appear in writing so no excuses can be made.
- Great for those serious about training who want to learn from the best
- Amazing insight into his training methods, as well as diet and other important notes
- Detailed for workouts, nutrition, helpful tips, and is a great guide for how to set goals for yourself
- There is no key to understand some of the notes
- Some compatibility and formatting issues may hurt the experience
Best E-Book For All Athletes
All athletes need the best advice and having an E-book geared towards those needs can greatly affect your overall success as a top athlete.
The New Encyclopedia Of Modern Bodybuilding by Arnold Schwarzenegger
This book by bodybuilding legend Arnold Schwarzenegger is considered to be the bible of bodybuilding. Anyone who lifts and seeks a shredded physique should absolutely own this book. With in depth sections on weight training and competitions, diets and nutrition, sports psychology, and how to rehab injuries, it has everything you need to get you started, or continue on, your bodybuilding journey. Whether you’re sculpting, strengthening, toning, building muscle, losing fat, or maintaining energy, this book shows real dedication and motivation to get the work done.
- Packed with knowledge and extremely helpful
- Includes workouts and dietary routines
- From a true champion and knowledgeable athlete in Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Not for those seeking an easy read or for those not serious about bodybuilding
Best E-Book For Strength & Size
Although building strength and size happens in the gym, it is important to have the right E-book guiding you along with advice on how to effectively do so.
Bigger Leaner Stronger The Simple Science Of Building The Ultimate Male Body by Michael Matthews
Michael Matthews is here to help you get that lean, ripped body no matter your genetics or how you might feel about trying and failing again. It is absolutely real that you can achieve that body, all it takes is a little guidance. In Bigger Leaner Stronger, Matthews breaks down common myths around nutrition, facts about fitness that are simply fiction, and gets you well on your way to believing you can achieve anything. Bringing in elements of fat loss and muscle building, that desired physique will start to take effect in no time.
Bigger Leaner Stronger: The Simple Science Of Building The Ultimate Male Body by Michael Matthews breaks down common myths around nutrition, facts about fitness, and will get you to believe you can reach your goals.
- Great for those who struggle to commit and beginners
- Really shows you how simple weight loss can be when you put your mind to it and is a great motivator for making change
- Information is widely found on the Internet
- The book is rather long for the material included
Best E-Book For Bodybuilding Contest Prep
Those looking to prepare for a bodybuilding contest should know exactly how to prep and what is required as you look to finish as high on the podium as you can.
Bodybuilding: The Complete Contest Preparation Handbook by Peter J. Fitschen and Cliff Wilson
As the sport of bodybuilding continues to grow, Bodybuilding: The Complete Contest Preparation Handbook is great for those looking to finally learn how to properly prepare for the big show. This handbook guide will walk you through each step of the process from selecting the competition of your choice, preparing for it, and making the transitions from on to off season so you are always ready to thrive. Accessible chapters and great for both men and women, this will enhance the stage ready process so your physique is unmatched. You’ve put in the time training and dieting and now it’s time to show it off and this contest prep handbook is the way to go for you to find great success.
Bodybuilding: The Complete Contest Preparation Handbook by Peter Fitshcen and Cliff Wilson is perfect for showing you the steps in preparation for those bodybuilding competitions.
- Good for those who need to know what to expect because it is all in one place
- Covers more than just competition, like dieting and workouts, which is great
- Very comprehensive and easy to read
- Basic content and you can find much of it online
Best E-Book For Barbell Training
Barbells are a great training tool and the right approach and advice to barbell training can greatly influence your strength and physique goals.
Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training by Mark Rippetoe
The barbell is arguably one of the most important pieces of exercise equipment out there and Starting Strength has been called one of the most helpful fitness books around. It will cover the basics of barbell training with detailed instructions for specific exercises, as well as methods and biomechanical analysis for more advanced knowledge. Everything in this book can be applied to everyone and to help with their training and performance and proper use of the barbell. Complete with easy-to-follow instructions and guides on how to deal with stress and recovery, this book is effective is boosting your barbell routines to new levels.
- Great for fixing form and talking about different muscle groups and range motion, as well as other important aspects of your lift
- Good programs and effective in its mission to explain
- More focus on beginners would be nice
- The way some things are described come off as irresponsible for those learning how to lift big weight
Benefits Of E-Books For Training & Guidance
The benefits of E-books are understood by all as great sources of knowledge for convenient advice on many topics. They include:
- Training: Get the most out of your training with advice on workouts, technique, and how to properly manage your recovery for maximum gains.
- Nutrition: Knowing what to eat and when to eat it is important, but also the best times to eat to maximum health and fitness.
- Motivation: Sometimes we all need a boost to get us up and going and these books may just hold the key for getting you out of bed that day.
- Convenient: You can read these anywhere and never stop learning.
How We Choose The Best E-Books
When choosing the best e-books, we first look at the author and the subject matter. Some books are written by bodybuilders and other athletes with real world knowledge of training and nutrition which can be very helpful as we try to maximize our training and nutrition. We also look at what the book can offer in terms of advice because you deserve the best knowledge possible for working towards your intended goals. Lastly, we look at price, for it is possible to have a great book at a reasonable and affordable price.
What is the best bodybuilding E-book?
Dorian Yates Training Journal E-Book. This training journal from Dorian Yates describes in rigorous and great detail his training throughout his entire bodybuilding career. The pages are Yates’ own words and actual writing as he trained to become one of the greatest bodybuilders in the modern era, making Dorian Yates Training Journal a great read for those looking for awesome tips.
Are these books available in other forms other than E-book?
Yes. Many of these books do come in paperback or hard cover, but you will have to explore the product’s page to see just what each book respectively offers.
Why do I need a bodybuilding book?
Like any discipline or subject, reading on that topic only allows you to learn more as you go through your journey. These can offer great tips and advice when it comes to training, nutrition, and motivation, all of which can translate over into your everyday life as well.
Should I look for a book written by a professional bodybuilder?
Absolutely, but books written by non-bodybuilders can also be very helpful. What changes is the point of view. Much of the knowledge will be the same, especially around widely accepted ideas around fitness and nutrition, but what changes is the point of view of someone who has undergone the same grueling training and knows what it’s like to put themselves on the line every single day.
I’ve read countless bodybuilding books. Do I need to read another one?
Of course not, but it will never hurt to continue learning. Just because you’ve read countless books on the subject, each book is different and you are slowly filling a vault of bodybuilding knowledge. At some point, you need to put what you learn into practice though, so while reading is great, lifting is necessary.
E-books are great resources for gaining increased knowledge about bodybuilding and the many aspects associated with it. Through constantly reading, we are able to really learn a lot from others, even professionals, who are living and breathing proof of just what can happen when you put your mind to it. Check out these books above and really see what these can do for you. You won’t be disappointed by giving yourself more knowledge on a subject, especially one you love.
Generation Iron may receive commissions on purchases made through our links. See our disclosure page for more information.